Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Seamless protection with state of the art technology – that's what Omni Tech promises customers. Helped over 50,000 individual clients with technical support issues each year.

• Submitted: Mon, December 31, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Frustrated One — Owings Mills Maryland United States of America
Omnitech

OmniTech Support REVIEW: OmniTech Support clients, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Omni Tech Support . “Omni Tech Support has a relentless commitment to client satisfaction, regardless of the efforts required to achieve it.” Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, ..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business. Omnitech has helped people all across the USA, Canada solved over 1,000,000 issues. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE:Omni Tech Support recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Support’s service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Armstrong Steel is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.

Customer Focus Service’s (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customer’s money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the company’s advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and they’ll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMNITECH SUPPORT.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, “Many times a customer’s computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. There’s still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. We’re investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.”

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. “We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldn’t run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasn’t satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasn’t working fast enough to have it scanned.”

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.

Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated “The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Report’s guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.”

Within the company’s upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, “Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we can’t help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.”

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didn’t see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.”

"Satisfying a customer’s expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: “Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------

Omnitech Free Microsoft Consumer online support for Microsoft Office and Student 2010 Over a course of 6 hours, I was transfered from Tech11 to Tech 84, to the Head of technical support and put on hold for 20 minutes and then told the Supervisor would call be when got off break by 11:3, Internet

I have never been treated so rudely in my life.  This company responded to all my request like I was an idiot and couldn't see through their smoke screen.  First of all I was searching for the customer service phone numbers  for Microsoft to help me install a brand new computer program I brought on this day- Microsoft Word.  This company's number popped up  on google with a tool free number and adverisement that said they were specialist in this area , specifically Microsoft. The first conversation I had was with the receptionist , who immediately turned me over to the tech specialist once I explained my problem.

After allowing the first tech, tech 11 to remotely control my computer, take the key code for my new disk; he drops the bomb that it will cost a mere $199.99. to fix this problem because there were several virius found.  He assured me that it could be fixed and he was working on it as we speak. I asked several times, how long it would be, he said he would get it done as soon as possible.  I agreed to this but unbenowned to me, he then proceeds to tell me that in order to prevent this problem from happening again I need to buy an security program for 299.99.

I said no way. Just fix the initial problem.  With that, I get disconnected and transferred to another tech when I called back, tech 84.  She asked for the same information and it takes about another two hours for her not figure things out .  She did the same things the other tech did. She did not admit that she did not know what to do, but as I anxiously awaited for my computer program to become operable until I noticed the screen said this will take 11 hours.  I was furious.  First of all, I had already spent 5 -6 hours with the two technicians.  It gets better, tech 84 transfers me to the head of the tech specialists and he says, oh it will take 10 more hours.

I explained I didn't have 10 more hours and I wanted a refund. He said he'd have the supervisor get back to be in about 2-3 hours- mind you it's 10:00 p.m.  I said no and asked can I speak to the supervisor now, he says no because he is on  "break"  OMG, that was the icing on the cake.   At 11:30 p.m.  the Supervisor calls back, by that time I am beside myself.  After listening to my story, he agrees to refund my money and send me a confirming email.  I got the email around 12:00 mid-night; however,  I won't be convinced until I see my bank statement. What a nightmare!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omnitech/internet/Omnitech-Free-Microsoft-Consumer-online-support-for-Microsoft-Office-and-Student-2010-Over-989442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omnitech

She didnt give us a fair chance to fix her issue. However, we refunded her in FULL promptly.

AUTHOR: OTS - ()

Ms. Sharon Sewell contacted us on December 31, 2012 to install Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 and paid us $199.99.

Below is the chat transcript:
4:50 AM Tech 11: How may I assist you today?
4:55 AM Sharon Sewell: I have a Toshiba laptop that I purchased in 2007. It had Microsoft
Office Home/ Student on it 2007. I have not bee able to access this writing program thus I purchased 2010 version. The disk was put in and the computer doesn't recognize the language. I have Window's Vista. I can't get to the screen to enter the product key. I took the 2007 versoin off.
5:51 AM Tech 11: Sharon, as your computer is having multiple number of critical issues and as I need to manually repair all the corrupted registry keys and the errors found in the computer, it would cost you just $199.99 to completely fix these issues.
5:52 AM Tech 11: I will remove all kinds of errors present in your system and also will repair all types of system which have got corrupted so that you can use your system without anymore inconvenience.
5:52 AM Tech 11: I'm already working on the issue and I'll fix all the issues in this session itself. Also I'll make sure that all your personal and sensitive information is safe and secured.
5:52 AM Tech 11: As a senior technician I suggest you to pay for the fix and get all the
issues fixed now.
5:54 AM Tech 11: Shall we proceed with the complete fix?
5:57 AM Sharon Sewell: Fine. Just fix it. Will this disk work after you have done all of this?
The salesman said thatI can use this disk on two other computers in the household if I decided to do so. You can proceed but this means that in addition to what I spent for the disk and the 199.99 for this service; I have spent almost $500.00 today trying to get this computer operable. Not good!

Our technician took remote access over the customers computer with her prior permission to
check the issue and started examining it. However, the issue was not resolved as the customers computer was freezing a on regular basis. Our tech was unable to take the remote access of her computer and to work on the issue. After few hours of work, we were able to install our Help Icon to get the remote access. Then our technician tried to make remote connection through Help Icon
but it also failed due to the extremely slow internet connection at customers end.

Her chat session was disconnecting frequently on her end. We called the customer and got remote
access once again. After analyzing the issue, we asked the customer to insert a Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 installation disc. But the customer inserted a disc which was not a valid one for MS office. We asked for correct disc, but she informed us that she had only this disc.

Therefore, our technician initiated the download of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 in
the customers computer, but it failed to process as the download speed was 10 kb/sec on her computer. It took 10 minutes just to download the IDM file. As it was going to take a long time, we called the customer to convey the situation. But she asked for refund.

On the same day, we voided the payment that was made to OmniTech support by the customer and
informed the same to her. This customer was not referred to us by Microsoft and she was served with professionalism at every instance, which the recorded chat transcripts can easily validate. She didnt give us a fair chance to fix her issue, she had a slow Internet connections and we immediately refunded her money.