Complaint Review: One Main Financial

• Updated: Tue, January 24, 2012

• Reported By: Lynn — Denver Colorado United States of America
One Main Financial
5066 S Wadsworth Blvd Suite 111 Littleton, Colorado United States of America

One Main Financial Citibank I am being harrassed by the insurance company to recertify my permanent disability every few months. Littleton, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: one main belived in me and lent me $

About 5 years ago, I purchased insurance on my loan that would pay in case I become disabled or unemployed. I had an aneurism about 3 1/2 years ago and became permanently disabled. Since that time, every few months, I am forced to present paperwork provided by my doctor to recertify my disability. Each time the paperwork states that I am "permanently disabled" and will never return to work. In addition, I have been harrassed by telephone and even asked to pay a part of the payment due. I purchased this insurance when I was in good health on the outside chance that I would ever need it. What part of permanently disabled and will never return to work, is lost on these fools. When will they realize that if you sell insurance, sometimes you've got to pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Main-Financial/Littleton-Colorado-80123/One-Main-Financial-Citibank-I-am-being-harrassed-by-the-insurance-company-to-recertify-my-827989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Main Financial

one main belived in me and lent me $

AUTHOR: SHOKO DEBOLD - (USA)

I KNOW THE ENTRY IS YEARS OLD; HOWEVER, I BELEIVE IT IS REVIEWED BY MANY WHEN THEY ARE MAKING A DECISION OF WHOM TO BORROW FROM.  MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND HE WAS DISABLED AFTER A ROOF FALL.  ALL OF OUR CREDIT CARDS BECAME MAXED OUT AND LUCKY FOR US WE HAD DISABILITY INSURANCE.  IT IS USUALLY AND THIRD PARTY THAT PROVIDES DISABILITY INSURANCE FOR CREDIT PURPOSES.  I SPENT MANY YEARS OBTAInIG THE REQUIRED DISABILITY INSURANCE - MY HUSBAND WAS NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO RETURN TO WORK - THE LENDING ORGANIZATION IS ALWAYS OUT OF THE LOOP IN SUCH SITUATIONS AND THEY RECEIVE PAYMENT FROM THE THIRD PARTY; THUS, RECERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED.  THE INDIVIDUAL WHO SUBMITTED THIS REPORT FAILED TO READ THE DISABILITY REQUIREMENTS -IF THEY HAD THEY WOULD HAVE REALIZED RECERTIFICATION IS A REQUIREMENT OF THE INSURANCE PROVIDER NOT THE CREDIT PROVIDER TO CONTINUE TO BE COVERED BY THE INSURANCE COVERAGE.

AFTER MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY I DISCOVERED I HAD 0 CREDIT DUE TO BEING A CO-SIGNER.  ONE MAIN LENT ME MY FIRST LOAN AND WITHOUT THEIR HELP I WOULD HAVE 0 CREDIT--IT IS VERY HARD TO OBTAIN CREDIT WHEN YOU ARE OVER 60 AND NEVER HELD CREDIT IN YOUR OWN NAME.  ONE MAIN SERVES A VALUABLE SERVICE FOR MANY INDIVIDUALS WHO FIND THEMSELVES IN MY POSITION.  ALL OF THE STAFF IN THE BASTROP TX SERVICE CENTER WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP ME REESTABLISH CREDIT AND DEVELOP GREAT CREDIT