Complaint Review: Orchard Bank Credit Card, HSBC

• Submitted: Fri, January 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:San Francisco California
Orchard Bank Credit Card, HSBC
HSBC Card Services P.O Box 80084 Salinas, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 503-245-9280
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Orchard Bank Credit HSBC Cash Advance Policy Changed without notice. Salinas California

After being told I would be able to get cash advances equal to my $1,000 cash deposit with HBSC on my Orchard Bank securred MasterCard I went ahead and applied for the card.

Then beginning in January of 2009 the credit card company changed its policy without notifying me that they would now only allow $250.00 for my $1,000 credit limit for cash advances.

Since I was no longer interested in a card with this limitation I closed my account. I was told I would received my deposit in 30 days. We will see if they give me my money back. They said there would be no charges to close the account. They also gave me no reason for there change in policy.

I was ripped off for the fee to open the account since I was misled about the cash advance policy and would never have applied for the card had I known there deceptive practice ahead of time.

Gary
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card-HSBC/Salinas-California-93912-0084/Orchard-Bank-Credit-HSBC-Cash-Advance-Policy-Changed-without-notice-Salinas-California-410041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank Credit Card, HSBC