Complaint Review: Orchard Bank HSBC Credit Services

• Submitted: Sat, June 16, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 16, 2007

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Orchard Bank HSBC Credit Services
1301 E. Tower Road Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.

Orchard Bank HSBC Credit Services Orchard Bank works to keep your credit score low and fees high Ripoff Schaumburg Illinois

I have had a fairly high balance with Orchard for a while. Every month I make a payment and every month they immediately credit the payment. Suddenly, when I made a payment of over half of my balance, they held the payment for 14 days and reported a higher balance to the credit bureau than it would have been had they not held my payment. Months go by, I make smaller payments, they credit them immediately. Then I paid off my balance entirely, they held the payment 14 days and reported to the CRA that I am over limit without acknowleding that I paid off the balance ten days before. What this does is keep my FICO low so that I do not get offers from other credit card companies and am forced to stay with them. I've filed a complaint with the FTC, this is an illegal practive. Orchard bank will also lose at the game because now I will not use the card again and I will not close my account which will mean I will use them to raise my FICO score. They got me twice but they won't get me again.

Anne
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2007 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Credit-Services/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Credit-Services-Orchard-Bank-works-to-keep-your-credit-score-low-and-fee-254942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orchard Bank HSBC Credit Services