Complaint Review: Oxford Financial

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, August 19, 2005

• Reported By:chico California
Oxford Financial
Champagne, New York U.S.A.

Oxford Financial credit card false offer! ripoff!Champagne New York

Just another sucker it seems... I received a phone call from a woman who did not even give me her name. She was actually soliciting my husband who was at work at the time. I told her she would have to call back when he was home. She said their business hours were 9-5 est, which would not work.

She called back the next day and prceded to pressure me into accepting this $2000 mastercard by saying she could not call back a third time. She offered 0% apr the first three years then 8% after. She took MY info insead of my husbands saying it was OK they could just take mine. She said there was a $249 charge to cover the lack of annual fees and that I could sign up now and ask my husband later. If it was not Ok with us, she said I could call the customer service number and cancel.

The man who came on to verify the information said AFTER we got into the recording and the process that there was NO cancellation during the shipping and receipt of the card. We really needed the money and I felt stuck so I finished the call.

Luckily, our bank didn't pay the money because we didn't have enough funds. I did get charged a returned check fee. So I called to 1 866 333-7715 number and got a message machine that said "you have reached customer service. all our representatives are busy. please hold for the next representative." then it beeped like call waiting for less than a minute and said "all representatives are busy. thank you for your patience." more beeps... then "no one is available to help you. please leave a message after the tone and we will return your call. our operating hours are mon-fri. 9am to 5 pm." beep. I left a message, but had the sinking feeling I just got scammed.

I finally got through this morning and instead of leave a message a lady answered singing "and another one bites the dust...yeah thats right another on bites the dust..." I said "hello?" she said "this is customer service how may I help you?" I commented on her singing and she claimed to be singing to the radio and didn't know she had turned on her phone mic. I said it wasn't very professional and she appologized. When I explained I had no money for this and that I wouldn't be continuing she actually bereated me for not having the money in the bank! "tsk tsk" she said. Then she said they would try three times before the ACH would stop hitting my account. She suggested a stop payment. She also said the company "Oxford" was not the one issuing the card, that they had to search for a bank for us AFTER receiving our money. I said "you said the money was already there." "well. it is, but they are a credit councelor and that is how they work." also that they could not send out any information for me to look over because they wouldn't know WHICH BANK would actually offer our card until we paid!!

Well by now I KNEW it was a scam so I thanked her and went online. She said to go to Oxford Bank.com I found them, they are in Michigan, and look like a VERY legit bank, but tout local service. I called their financial branch and they lady said they do NOT phone solicite, it was NOT them. She said another caller just knew it was Oxford Financial in New York. She had no other information for me.

In the course of this I spoke with the first woman with a an Indian accent, a man claiming to be opperator 2000 who gave me pin number 2000 and an activation/verification code, and the singing woman who was rude and unprofessinoal. Except for the singing woman in "customer service" all ines had background noise like abusy call center.

These people NEED to be brought to justice!!! I would very much like to see them go down.

chico, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2005 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oxford-Financial/Champagne-New-York/Oxford-Financial-credit-card-false-offer-ripoffChampagne-New-York-154261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oxford Financial