Complaint Review: Oxford Financial

• Submitted: Mon, December 12, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, December 12, 2005

• Reported By:annandale Virginia
Oxford Financial
Box 3588 Champlaign, New York U.S.A.

Oxford Financial have been ripping off people for years, they change there name every few months RIPOFF Champlaign New York

Just a short note to let people know that I too was taken by Oxford Financial. I got suspicous the next morning because I felt the credit limit was too high considering my credit history. When I called to cancel the told me there was no cancelations - which is illegal - you have 30 days to cancel ANY purchase.

Luckily my bank was very cooperative and refunded the money including overdraft charges (I transferred most of my cash to my savings account so they couldn't debit my account), I then found out that to stop the debit I had to close my account and open a new one.

When I called the Secret Service to report them I was told "we'll add it to our data base" - whatever that means. I then researched (via your web site) other companies and found that they have been changing there name (but not the phone number, address, or offer) every few months for at least 2 years. I also contacted a local network news station - they filmed and aired a lenghty segment under their "Scam Report" segment. Kudos to them for helping others avoid the scam. I have to wonder why our law enforcement agencies do nothing.

Maybe you would have more influence with the Secret Service?

I urge anyone who has been taken by any credit card company to report it to the Secret Service Fraud division in their state - maybe if they receive enough complaints they will actually investigate and file charges.

Helen
annandale, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2005 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oxford-Financial/Champlaign-New-York-12919/Oxford-Financial-have-been-ripping-off-people-for-years-they-change-there-name-every-few-167642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oxford Financial