Complaint Review: PC CARE 247

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: marvin — some where Ohio United States of America
PC CARE 247

PC CARE 247 DOING BUSINESS AS SUPPORT TO NORTON WATCH FOR RIP OFF FROM THIS COMPANY AND HIGH PRESSURE SALES, Internet

We bought Norton360 and had a problem downloading my spouse's disc. She went to the user guide and where the support services page is had an e-mail address. This address was supposed to be one for Symantec. She ended up with a telephone # to call. She called this number and they told her they are support for Norton Symantec.

They took the information they needed and told her to wait while they check her computer. They came back and told her that her computer had been hacked and was going to crash the next day. They had her in tears. They said they could remedy the situation but it would cost $599.99. They told her she had to do this immediately. She told them that there are two computers involved. They told her that they could do the second computer for $400.00. They told her the second computer was hacked over 14000 times and all the personal information was at risk but they could stop it right now.

After being on line with this company for over a 6 hour period and talking by land line to over 5 people, they told us we had to subscribe to Norton for 3 years.

I contacted Norton after this was all done and chatted with a support person. They told me "I would like to inform you that PC Care 247 is not a Norton Support " The support from Norton was very good and I appreciated it. They do not have the option of returning my $999.99 but I could contact the bank credit card company and ask to have the charges reversed. We did and they reported it as fraud.  So beware, We caught this in time. I don't believe they did a thing to my computer except hack it. They are very high pressure. We were supposed to receive an e-mail immediately describing the charges incurred. We have not received a thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 12:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-CARE-247/internet/PC-CARE-247-DOING-BUSINESS-AS-SUPPORT-TO-NORTON-WATCH-FOR-RIP-OFF-FROM-THIS-COMPANY-AND-HI-834453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC CARE 247