Complaint Review: PC EXPERTS 247 LLC

• Reported By: Lu — Virginia Beach Virginia
PC EXPERTS 247 LLC
141-34 79th Ave #1B Flushing, New York United States of America

PC EXPERTS 247 LLC FRAUDULENT YAHOO "COMPUTER PROTECTION" Flushing, New York

Had a problem with Yahoo (duh).  Called a number provided. They fixed the problem and was asked if I wished to have them "protect" my laptop. I agreed to the contract AND I assumed I was dealing with YAHOO.

However, when another problem cropped up, they couldn't help me.  Told me I needed new laptop.  I said I wanted refund for 5-year contract I agreed to, as they did not protect me from hacking, crashing, etc.  I am on tape asking at least 5 times that they would protect me from all laptop problems -- each time I was assured "yes".  When i demanded refund and was refused, I called my bank to dispute the charge.  I also asked  my bank for contact info for PC EXPERTS 247.  I was provided with their phone number for their corporate office -- when I called and demanded refund for non-existent service, I was hung-up on.

Interestingly, when my bank contacted PC EXPERTS 247 about the dispute, they responded with an email I had sent directly after they "fixed" my laptop.  However, PC EXPERTS 247 conveniently did not provide a copy of my taped verification, where I repeatedly asked if I was thoroughly protected and monitored constantly against threats to my system.

Incidentally,  I finally took my laptop to a retail outlet to buy another similar laptop.  The manager opened it, said he didn't think it was ruined, as PC EXPERTS 247 INFORMED ME, and promptly had it up and running.    HMMMMMMMMM

I was led to believe I was dealing directly with YAHOO.  SHAME ON YAHOO.  I am attempting to make YAHOO aware of this scam.  It is impossible to reach anyone on the phone at YAHOO but I WILL PREVAIL AND REACH MARISSA MAYER, their new CEO.  This type of business cannot continue.

IT WAS NEVER DISCLOSED THAT I WAS NOT CONTRACTING DIRECTLY WITH YAHOO.   Again, SHAME ON YAHOO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-EXPERTS-247-LLC/Flushing-New-York-11367/PC-EXPERTS-247-LLC-FRAUDULENT-YAHOO-COMPUTER-PROTECTION-Flushing-New-York-1042337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC EXPERTS 247 LLC