Complaint Review: Papa Johns Peanuts

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 07, 2010

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Papa Johns Peanuts
2555 West Beaver Street Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Papa Johns Peanuts Sold Inedible Product for Daughter's First Birthday Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Alternative

I was very excited to include cotton candy as part of my daughter's first (circus-themed) birthday party. First I ordered a sample pack from Papa John's Peanuts, and was very pleased with what they sent me - so I proceeded to order a box with 50 bags.

When the pieces arrived, 5 of the bags were completely defective/inedible. It looks like they must have had a problem with their bag sealer, because instead of nice fluffy cotton candy, I received shriveled postage-stamp sized bricks. (That's 10% of my order quantity!)

With some forethought, the company had sent me a few extra bags, but this still left me short for the party. I contacted the company via their website, and did not hear back. I then followed up with a phone call, and a representative acknowledged having received my message, but that they would simply credit a future order.

If I didn't have EXACTLY 50 guests coming to the party, maybe I would be more understanding - but good customer service would seem to dictate that I should receive a FULL ORDER. I asked that Papa John's Peanuts to ship the extra units so that I could have them in time for the party (still two days away), and was told that it would be too expensive for them to ship, and, in effect, no.

I would have been happy to reorder from Papa John's Peanuts had they simply replaced the defective/inedible bags of cotton candy. Instead, I will be short for my party, and encourage you to consider choosing another vendor when purchasing cotton candy for your event. It is just as likely that they will sell you a defective/inedible product - and not make it right.

Creeday1
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Papa-Johns-Peanuts/Jacksonville-Florida-32254/Papa-Johns-Peanuts-Sold-Inedible-Product-for-Daughters-First-Birthday-Jacksonville-Florid-472261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Papa Johns Peanuts

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Alternative

AUTHOR: Tracy - (United States of America)

You might try Flossie's cotton candy as an alternative to the problem you described.

www.flosszone.com