Complaint Review: Passive Profits Inc

• Submitted: Mon, March 31, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 31, 2008

• Reported By:Hartland Wisconsin
Passive Profits Inc
185 Mountain Way Dr. Orem, UT 84058-5163 Sandy, Utah U.S.A.

Passive Profits Inc They put a charge on my credit card $39.90 w/out my knowlege or permission. Sandy Utah

I responded to an E-bay add regarding how to set up and make money on e-bay. I requested the free DVD and paid the required $1.95 shipping charge. I used my credit card to pay for the shipping. I received the DVD however had not yet opened it. The DVD came from Real Success Institute 185 Mountain Way Dr. Orem, UT 84058-5163.

As I was going through my bank statement, I saw the original $1.95 charge. I also found a charge of $39.90 several days later. I never requested any additional information or membership etc. I contacted a representative from the company by phone 1(888)724-2794. After spending some time discussing my complaint, the person (female) advised me that there must have been some missunderstanding and they would credit my charge card the full $39.90

The credit to my account has not yet happened so I called my bank. They froze or locked the credit card number and issued me a new one. I am still out the $39.90 and now the old account number is closed. The bank told me that there is no way that the credit to my old account will be forwarded to my new account. The bank then explained their complaint procedure and sent me the paperwork to complete. The paperwork included an "Affidavit of Fraudulent Transaction" I will be completing their forms and returning them to the bank. They felt fairly confident that they would get my money back. We will see.

This company's mode of operation is very deceptive at best.

Doug
Hartland, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Passive-Profits-Inc/Sandy-Utah/Passive-Profits-Inc-They-put-a-charge-on-my-credit-card-3990-wout-my-knowlege-or-permis-322566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Passive Profits Inc