Complaint Review: PayPower

• Submitted: Sat, April 23, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 24, 2011

• Reported By: nadavk — Eugene Oregon United States of America
PayPower

PayPower MetaBank Fraudulent practices, was given false information and there is no live customer support. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Total ripoff

*UPDATE Employee: Our apologies

I recently purchased a PayPower prepaid card from a supermarket, as I am currently between credit cards and needed to make a relatively small (120$) online purchase. I loaded the car with money in the store, and was told I needed to active and register it online.

After returning home, I went to the company's website and attempted to start the activation process by inputting my card's 16-digit number. I repeatedly received a "request failed" error, even after checking and rechecking the card number and typing it out carefully multiple times. I then attempted to register the card on the phone (was I was told I could) but the number I was provided with was only an automated, pre-recorded message talking about tax returns and reporting lost or stolen cards. I was told there were live reps available 7 AM to Midnight 7 days a week - obviously false.

Eventually, after reading many other complaints and reports of difficulties with this company online, I concluded the entire operation is either a scam, or a very, very sketchy and poorly run business, with a faulty activation process and a website riddled with bugs. No live customer service available (contrary to multiple statements on the card itself and in the TOS) and difficult if not impossible to register online. I'm surprised this so called "bank" received any kind of license from Visa. Stay FAR away from this company and these prepaid cards.

TL;DR - Paypower by "MetaBank" is either very poorly run or a fraudulent company looking to take your money. In either case, they make false claims and provide false information, and you should AVOID buying or attempting to use their products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2011 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPower/internet/PayPower-MetaBank-Fraudulent-practices-was-given-false-information-and-there-is-no-live-c-721364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPower

Total ripoff

AUTHOR: blondegurrl - (United States of America)

Not only is the whole company a sham, the supposed company on here telling you to contact customer service is also a sham.

Don't give them your card number. They are not customer service.

Our apologies

AUTHOR: Blackhawk Network - (USA)

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to help you resolve the issue. Please email your card and contact information to PR@Blackhawk-net.com so that we may assist you.

PR for PayPower