Complaint Review: Pennzoil 10 Minute Lube

• Submitted: Mon, June 14, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, June 16, 2004

• Reported By:Galesburg Illinois
Pennzoil 10 Minute Lube
Henderson St. Galesburg, Illinois U.S.A.

Pennzoil 10 Minute Lube would not reimburse for damage done to my vehical Galesburg

*Consumer Comment: I learned my lesson cheap

*Consumer Comment: drain plug problems; who did your last oil change?

*Consumer Comment: Consider yourself lucky

I went to the Pennzoil 10 Minute Lube on North Henderson St. to get my oil changed. The employee busted the bolt under the oild pan and said that I would need to get it drilled and Easy Outed at another service station because they could not do that there. So I went to another station and paid over $60 to have the procedure done and get my oil changed.

I went back to the Pennzoil 10 Minute Lube store and the manager refuses to pay for the labor and bolt. I'm not asking for the oil change. I just want the $40 for the labor and the bolt. He says that they are not resposible for damaged bolts.

My truck is only 1 1/2 years old. It's a brand new bolt. It should not have snapped like that. Even so, they should have the ability to right and mistake and if they don't they should reimburse for the work done.

Jeffrey
Galesburg, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2004 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennzoil-10-Minute-Lube/Galesburg-Illinois-61401/Pennzoil-10-Minute-Lube-would-not-reimburse-for-damage-done-to-my-vehical-Galesburg-94856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pennzoil 10 Minute Lube

I learned my lesson cheap

AUTHOR: Jeffrey - (U.S.A.)

thank you for you suggestions, I agree Alan, I learned my lesson cheap. It doesn't make it any easier at how disagreeably I was treated when I went in. Full service station for me from now on. And Stephanie, I understand what you are saying but the bolt was completely sheered off. The service station I went to said it was snapped by too much torque from the pnuematic wrench. If he would have started it out slower it would have been ok. The threads were not stripped in the slightest and they were able to get the remaining bolt out without much trouble. It was simply a case of a guy not paying attention to what he was doing and not wanting to admit to it.

drain plug problems; who did your last oil change?

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (U.S.A.)

This sort of thing is very common. New vehicle or old vehicle, it happens.

The problem isn't with Pennzoil 10 minute Lube; unless they did your LAST oil change.

An oil drain plug only comes out one way, you really can't break it off unless it was installed incorrectly (cross threaded) by the person that did your LAST oil change... (the person that installed the drain plug before it broke off)

Whoever did the last oil change (before you brought it to Pennzoil) is most likely responsible for installing your drain plug incorrectly, causing it to break.

I would bring all of your paperwork from the repair, back to the shop that did your last oil change and ask them to give you a credit or refund your $40.00

Good Luck!

Consider yourself lucky

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

Jeffery you got away easy. Usually these quick lube places simply forget to put oil back in the engine, or incorrectly install the oil filter causing major engine failure. So instead of being out the 40.00 you would be out 3,000 dollars for a new engine. Suggestion never ever take your vehicle to one of these operations.