Complaint Review: Pentagroup Financial

• Submitted: Tue, November 09, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 09, 2004

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Pentagroup Financial
5959 Corporate Drive Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Pentagroup Financial ripoff, deceptive collections practices, refuse to abide by the fair debt collection act Houston Texas

I received a call from Pentagroup about two weeks ago about a past due account I had with Bank of America. I do not dispute the debt I owe but because it is more than 6 years old I requested that they send me written documentation of the original debt. They said o.k.

A week later I received another call from them and when I asked where the paperwork was I was transferred to a "supervisor" who decided it would be a good idea to yell and scream at me. All I wanted was something on paper to look at so I could see what interest/fees they were adding on to the original loan. I hung up on the man who yelled at me.

Tonight (a week later from 2nd call) my husband answered the phone and someone asked for me by my maiden name. When he asked who it was they hung up. So he *69 the call and asked who the company was. He was hung up on.

He called back three more times and was hung up on. He finally got a hold of someone to talk to and that person tried to say that they didn't have to provide any paperwork on the debt. They then asked for a post dated check.

I just want to pay the original holder of the loan, not these slimeballs. Not sure how to go about doing that. Would appreciate any advice.

Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2004 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pentagroup-Financial/Houston-Texas-77036/Pentagroup-Financial-ripoff-deceptive-collections-practices-refuse-to-abide-by-the-fair-116978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pentagroup Financial