- Report: #1167988
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Peter Vasigalupo
Peter Vasigalupo3371 SW 28 St Miami, Florida USA
Peter Vasigalupo eBay.com user id w4miami.Phone: 305-859-9149 Phone: 305-200-1100 Email: W4MIAMI@AOL.COM Peter is a online scam artist who stole over $2000 from me. Miami Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
eBay.com seller ID w4miami.
Pedro Martin Bacigalupo
1. On 07/17/14 I purchased a 2014 military dog tag machine from ebay user w4miami, who is identified as Peter Vasigalupo from Miami Florida. [continued below]....
Product title was advertised on eBay.com as:
"2014" BEST MILITARY DOG TAG MACHINE EMBOSSER / DEBOSSED SUPER FAST TAG METAL
2. On 07/17/14 payment was made by phone via credit card. Seller refused to accept PayPal stating "the fees are too high." He proceeded to charge my credit card.
3. On 07/26/14 Seller shipped the order via Fedex tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXX.
4. On 07/31/14 I received the package and inspected the item. The product received was a 20 year old Advantage 2000 Plastic Card Embosser. The seller had put stickers on the machine hiding the original product name. The item was not as described on the listing. I proceeded to contact the seller through an ebay message and by phone. He was rude and asked that I pay to return the item to him. He than accused me of being from the "competition" and said he would call the police. He refused to accept that the item he shipped was a completely different item. I proceeded to package the item back in the original box with original packaging and requested a return label to send the item back.
-The product received is not a dog tag machine.
-The seller had shipped a "Advantage 2000 Plastic Card Embosser"
The plastic card embossers cost approximately $400-$500. Typical bait and switch.
5. I proceeded to leave negative feedback due to the sellers attitude and inability to handle the situation.
6. The seller than opened an ebay case stating "non-payment."
7. The seller than called me by phone and threatened me that he would not refund the money paid even if the product was returned unless the honest negative feedback was removed immediately.
8. The seller than proceeded to make his feedback private.
9. I proceeded to dispute the charge made on my credit card on grounds that the item was not as described and deceitfully different. I am willing and ready to return the item and would like a shipping label to return the package. I am willing to work with the seller but do not accept paying for an item that was not as described and significantly different than advertised by the listing and as confirmed by phone.
10. Seller than proceeded to inform ebay.com that payment was never received, and asked that the negative feedback be removed.
10. On 08/01/14 The package was was returned via UPS TRACKING NUMBER 1ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. UPS shipping cost for return shipping was $174.00
11. On 08/06/14 the seller refused the UPS delivery of the return sent to him. After contacting UPS by phone at 1-800-742-5877 the representative informed me that the receiver told the UPS driver to "return to sender." She also informed me that the package was never accepted by the seller and the package was never opened nor were the contents of the package inspected. The seller refused the package knowing that he did not want to issue a refund for the misrepresented product that was shipped. UPS has informed me "The receiver does not want the product and refused the delivery. / The package will be returned to the sender." The return shipping cost and original shipping cost is now estimated at $424.56.
At this point I am out of $1,900 plus return shipping of $424.56 = $2,324.56 because Peter pulled a bait-n-switch on my purchase.
I have informed ebay and they are furthering the investigation into the matter and have offered to provide me a refund. They are looking into removing the seller from doing this type of harm to other customers.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peter-Vasigalupo/Miami-Florida-33133/Peter-Vasigalupo-eBaycom-user-id-w4miamiPhone-305-859-9149-Phone-305-200-1100-Email-1167988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.