Complaint Review: Petro Truck Stop

• Submitted: Mon, November 12, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 15, 2009

• Reported By:brandon Mississippi
Petro Truck Stop
1-20/I-55 , Exit 45A,Gallatin Road Jackson, Mississippi U.S.A.

Petro Truck Stop Theft/Destroyed papers on car and had my car towed away as though I had never done any paper work. Jackson Mississippi

*Consumer Suggestion: Lost My Car

*Consumer Comment: just mabe

*Consumer Suggestion: I have to ask.

I parked my car after being on the road for two weeks at a time and came back to the truck and my car was gone. I had updated the paper work two weeks before allowing me to park and had two witness the bookkeeper and a store clerk. The red book is kept laying outside the manager's office. The manager never gave me a call to give me a chance to come and get my vehicle.

It has been a week now and I still have no car. And now the paper work is missing out of the red book and so is my car. No one will tell me who hauled my car off and no one will tell me where my car is located. I want my car! It is though my car never existed. I am frustrated.

The manager Mr. Andy Whitman was a total jerk about the situation. He replied to me that this is not a storage. I am a OTR truck driver. This is what I do for a living. It they cannot accomodate us they should shut it down. I want justice done. I just want my car. I just finish paying for it. I am driving around the country and I thought my car was okay now it is apparent that all truck drivers beware of this. They will tow your car off and hopefully it doesn't turn out like my situation " lost and no one knows anything". At least, the manager could have told me where my car was or who towed it. He could have call me to come and get it before he had it hauled off or stolen.

So, to all truckers beware of this truck stop. Something fishy is going on and the manager and employees are aware! Especially the Hinds County sheriff security officer they have there. He does not patrol a thing. He sits his fat tropelling behind in front and acts as though there is nothing going on and gets paid for this!

Roy
brandon, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2007 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petro-Truck-Stop/Jackson-Mississippi-39202/Petro-Truck-Stop-TheftDestroyed-papers-on-car-and-had-my-car-towed-away-as-though-I-had-n-284303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petro Truck Stop

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Lost My Car

AUTHOR: Lamar - (U.S.A.)

The additional posts were excellent suggestions.
Why would you leave your car there anyway if you live in Brandon?

Should have had someone drop you off.

just mabe

AUTHOR: Wrenchhed1 - (U.S.A.)

this may or may not seem important to you, but you say that the vehicle was just paid off. well the bank or loaner for the vehicle may have accidently put the vehicle up for reposession. this happens quite a lot. sometimes the wrong vin # is given to the reposesion agency and they may have accidently got the vin # for your vehicle. the vehicle that they may have been looking for may likely also be located in the same area. or, if the vehicle ever was up for repo and you comprimised withe the bank or loan company the order for reposesion may have never been closed.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I have to ask.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Since no one seems to want to tell you anything, why haven't you filed a stolen car report with your local police? (if you did, I don't see any mention of it here.)