Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Updated: Mon, November 21, 2011

• Reported By: fedup21 — Tampa Florida United States of America
Planet Fitness
1624 Nay Aug Ave., Scranton, PA 18509 Internet United States of America

Planet Fitness illegal! total rip-off! this company is stealing my money, Internet

*Consumer Comment: File an complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and the FBI this is a crime

I have been a member to Planet Fitness since around October of 2009. I recently moved out of state in July of 2010 and thought I had squared away the cancellation of my membership. I was horribly, horribly mistaken.

In mid-July I attempted to cancel my PF membership before the move by walking in and signing a paper. I noticed about a month later that I was still getting billed and called to find out what had happened. I was met with rude service and a blatant statement saying they had no such cancellation form on their records.

Convenient, right? During the past few months including this one, I've called the gym I belonged to numerous times to tell them to cancel my account. Each time I got the same response and whoever was working at the time told me I either 'had to come in and sign a cancellation form' or 'send a typed letter to corporate asking them to cancel my membership.'

I don't understand why I cannot just cancel over the phone like any normal subscription. I've tried contacting corporate, (who's number is so conveniently NOT on the website), and apparently trying to do it in person is in vain. I also noticed there is a lovely yellow icon on the website to join their gym, but no place at all to terminate the membership online.

I'm still getting billed to this day and PF is causing me precious overdraft fees. I even tried transferring my membership to down here in Florida so I could try to take care of it in person once more, but the site told me that because of my existing balance I could not transfer until the balance was paid.

Why should I have to pay a balance I don't even owe? Planet Fitness is a shady business and one I definitely regret ever getting involved in.

Please, anyone who finds my report or ones like mine, LISTEN! Look at the trend of unsatisfied and ripped-off customers and the illegal things this company is doing.

I'm going to continue to fight this company either by finding help with this or going on fighting it myself which doesn't seem to be getting me much head-way. Hopefully this company will be brought into media light and exposed for the jerks they really are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2010 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/internet/Planet-Fitness-illegal-total-rip-off-this-company-is-stealing-my-money-Internet-658056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness

File an complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and the FBI this is a crime

AUTHOR: Due Diligence Agent - (United States of America)

File a complaint with 1000's of others at the Attorney Generals Office in your state. Contact the BBB and then forward the complaint to the FBI (Internet Fraud Division)