Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Reported By: megan — saginaw Michigan
Planet Fitness
4572 state st saginaw, Michigan USA

Planet Fitness Planet Fitness Membership Rip Off//SCAM saginaw Michigan

I had a membership with Planet Fitness, Saginaw Michigan. I was told to cancel a membership I needed to come to the location and fill out cancellation paperwork. After arriving and explaining my reason for stopping in, I was told just to simply return my key card and my account would be deactivated. I inquired about the paperwork I was told I would need to complete and was assured multiple times that the return of the key card would suffice for cancellation.

Yesterday, after reviewing my bank account, I see a withdrawl from Planet Fitness for not only the $20.00 monthly fee, but another $19.99 for an Annual Fee, totaling 39.00. Clearly, I was confused. I contact the office via phone and speak to a supervisor. This supervisor listened to nothing I said, insisted that I return to complete the paperwork, and let me know there would be no refunds for the charges I incurred.

Planet Fitness assured me my account was cancelled but kept it open to collect yet another payment, (a double one at that!) and then refused to refund the charges! I contacted the Corporate Office which quickly told me that this particular location is privately owned and referred me to an extremely vague email address for resolution.

I will continue to report this company to every outlet that will accept a review in order to avoid another consumer having this issue. I have already reported to the local news, the BBB, as well as many other review sites for the company. This is unacceptable and should be considered false advertisement and even fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2014 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/saginaw-Michigan-48602/Planet-Fitness-Planet-Fitness-Membership-Rip-OffSCAM-saginaw-Michigan-1151644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness