Complaint Review: Plasmanet - freelotto

• Submitted: Wed, March 22, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, April 26, 2006

• Reported By:dunlap Tennessee
Plasmanet - freelotto
420 Lexington Ave New York, New York U.S.A.

Plasmanet - freelotto ripoff New York New York

*Consumer Suggestion: I've been getting these emails for years

*Consumer Suggestion: Common scam -- Never pay for "winning" something

*Consumer Suggestion: Common scam -- Never pay for "winning" something

*Consumer Comment: It is a PROMOTION

I got a e-mail stating that I was a winner of 10,000,000.00 dollars. well I called them and said that I wasn't a winner and in my eyes this was a scam and need to know what to do. because they said I was a winner and I want my money I hate scam e-mails and something needs to be done can someone help me on this and tell me where I need to go with this.This is dishonest e-mails and this isn't the only one I got, I
got another one and said I was a winner of 1,000,000.00
dollars and they said the samething that "CHECK RELEASE
STATUS NOTIFICATION" check was pending to send.

So yah I am pi**off that people are doing this to out of
people and they are getting away with this.

Thank-You
Please help me

Lori
dunlap, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2006 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plasmanet-freelotto/New-York-New-York-10163/Plasmanet-freelotto-ripoff-New-York-New-York-182701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plasmanet - freelotto

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I've been getting these emails for years

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I have been reading the comments about plasmanet "Free Lotto" emails. I was looking for any information on the company and if they did in deed pay out the money once you became a member. But so far all I found was people saying it was a scam because of the advertising emails they received.

My suggestion to these people is that they should slow down and read the email and not get excited when they see $10,000,000.00. I never mistook the email for any thing other then what it is, an advertisement. The so-called check in the email if you read it say's at the top Facsimile check is non-negotiable and represents a prize that you are eligible to win

I would appreciate any real information about this company and it business practices once you become a paying customer, and not about their advertisements.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Common scam -- Never pay for "winning" something

AUTHOR: Dave - (Canada)

Scamdex has some tips about what you might want to do, to report the email address.

But in the end, it's probably just better to delete the email and pay it no attention. Even phoning the number ends up costing money.

Unless they have a toll-free number. Then phone it lots.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Common scam -- Never pay for "winning" something

AUTHOR: Dave - (Canada)

Unless they have a toll-free number. Then phone it lots.

It is a PROMOTION

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

You were not scammed. Did you give them money and did not get it back? Was your identity stolen? You probably misunderstood the promotion and instead of asking about it...you post that its a scam.