Complaint Review: Prestige Financial

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 12, 2006

• Reported By:Littleton Colorado
Prestige Financial
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial Ripoff Threatened me Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Has anyone?

I purchased a car in May, 2004 in Lakewood, CO, financed by Prestige Financial, my account rep is May. May called me 3 times, work, cell and phone.

But, I had repeatedly asked them to change the due date as it was in between paydays, they refused saying I had to "fax" the request. I did that, and was not informed until 2 weeks later they hadnt received the fax even though I had the fax cover sheet, dated August 4th, so I faxed them again, August 17th. The due date was then changed to the 30th.

I took my son to college, I am a single mother of 3 teenagers, when I got back, I received a phone call from May, telling me I "had to" borrow the money. I asked her why she couldnt add one payment to the back of the loan, I was refused.

I told her that my next pay day wasnt until the 20th, I would do a check by phone for then and another one on the 30th, I was refused, she still insisted I "borrow" the money. I told her that all I had was my 86 year old father in a nursing home, that maybe she should repo the car. I was then transfered to "Jared" identified himself as a supervisor.

When I told Jared the same thing I told May, I was again told "to borrow it" I told him if he was going to not work with me to come pickup the vehicle, he told me "Maam that is NOT an option, we are not a rental car company".

I called the next day and was told that Jared was not a supervisor, but a "loan counselor". So I wrote a letter to the Vice President of the company addressed personal and confidential, explaining my situation. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I received a call 2 days later at work/home and my cell phone from Jamie re: my letter, who identified herself as Jared and Mays supervisor, I did verify she was indeed a supervisor. I asked her why she had a letter I sent to Mr. George Cook, V.P. marked confidential she answered me " Ohh umm he opened it and sent it to me he doesnt deal with "collections" I was 3 days past due.

Jamie continued to that I "had to" borrow the money within the next 2 days or She would demand I take it back to the dealership or she would garnish my wages . I When I further asked Jamie, why she has a representative working for her falsely identifying himself as a supervisor, she stated that she would "speak with" Jared. I also asked Jamie if she was stated that she would "speak with" Jared. I also asked Jamie if she was threatening me she stated " You need to learn that every time you keep complaining, it will get worse for you"

Barbara
Littleton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2004 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial/Salt-Lake-City-Utah/Prestige-Financial-Ripoff-Threatened-me-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-108426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial

Has anyone?

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

That actually thats posted here that thinks this is a good company actually heard of the term "Loan Shark"??? Thats all they are. They consistently violate consumer protection laws and collections laws. I worked at a collection agency before. They are absolutely AWFUL and the only reason they are still in business is because their owner owns the Utah Jazz and probably pays off officials