Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: m13 — Wauseon Ohio
Priceline.com
800 Connecticut Ave Norwalk, CT , Select State/Province USA

Priceline.com False Advertising/ Fraudulent Deals/ Lying Robot-Like Service Reps. Norwalk Connecticut

December, 18th 2013.

I was bidding on a hotel to stay at over the Holidays - the week of Christmas. I was at the negotiating stage on Priceline.com, and was supposedly bidding on a room that was of $80 - $100 value. I started "negotiations" lower, and planned to work up from there. The website specifically said the room I was bidding on usually went for $80 on sale. My offer of $67 was accepted, I was surprised, and I thought I had gotten a great deal on a hotel room. That IS what negotiating is for - to start low, and go high. I would've NEVER expected what happened next. I initialed the contract (the one that is apparently binding by life or death) believing I was getting the room that was advertised at $80+ a night. They don't tell you what hotel it is until you pay for it, now I know why. The hotel that "accepted" my offer for $67 a night was not a "deal" at all. This hotel doesn't charge over $40 a night normally on an average day! Since when does trying to negotiate a price take you to a lower priced, lower quality hotel?! I called immediately after I saw which hotel it was. I was familiar with the hotel and did NOT want to stay there over the holidays! I could get nowhere with the service woman I spoke with. She would not cancel my reservations. She would, however, give me the difference in the price of the room- which was almost a 50% refund! I believe the 50% refund they had to give me, is proof that I was misled, and tricked into staying at some cheap hotel for Christmas! I've never heard of a negotiation to go 50% LOWER than your offer, you're supposed to negotiate to go higher!

So far, I have spoken to so many reps my head is spinning. They all say the same thing, I initialed the contract, so they can't change the reservation. I keep saying, I initialed the contract under misleading, false advertising, and the contract should not stand because of it! Who offers $67 when they want a $30 hotel room?!

I was truly misled by false advertising into paying for this hotel. The deal is truly fraudulent. The people at Priceline.com know it, but refuse to do anything about it. If there is anyone that has any ideas, please, I am open to suggestions. I do not want to stay at a cheap, dirty hotel over the whole week of Christmas. I have filed a complaint with BBB, and will continue down any and all paths I can to make them pay for their mistake, because this is Christmas, and very important time to be in a comfortable place. I am so upset by all of this, my Christmas is already being ruined.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/Select-StateProvince/Pricelinecom-False-Advertising-Fraudulent-Deals-Lying-Robot-Like-Service-Reps-Norwalk-1108286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com