Complaint Review: Progressive Direct

• Submitted: Wed, April 26, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2009

• Reported By:Urbana Ohio
Progressive Direct
P O Box 31260 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Progressive Insurance - Progressive Direct Cancellation Charges RipOff, Charges $50 to cancel a policy! Tampa Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Read your Policy Contract

*Consumer Comment: Progressive sucks In settleing claims

*Consumer Comment: Progressive wrongfully accuses everyone

*Consumer Comment: Excellent insurance company!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Cancellation fee

Was with company 3 months. The company raised rates without warning, when asked reason they said they didn't have a BMV report on the driver listed on the policy. During the initial policy setup on the phone, the operator was able to see the listed driver's BMV record when the policy was setup in the first place.

So after the rate-per-month rose by over 30% the next month, I decided to go to another carrier and save substantial. What happened when I called in to cancel? They sack me with a cancellation charge of $50 dollars something I wasn't made aware of.

So if you think all the hype about comparing their rates online makes them a better deal, think again!

John
Urbana, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2006 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progressive-Direct/Tampa-Florida-33631/Progressive-Insurance-Progressive-Direct-Cancellation-Charges-RipOff-Charges-50-to-can-188657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progressive Direct

Read your Policy Contract

AUTHOR: Employee - (U.S.A.)

I hear this constantly, and if you took the time to read your contract (what sane person doesn't?!!?) you'd see in black and white that the fee is disclosed.

Progressive sucks In settleing claims

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Even after progressive found me not @ fault for the accident for the accident In 2003 they still faught In paying for the balance on the car loan. It took almost 24 months 2 years after the accident for progressive to settle.

It had to take us filing a lawsuit agaisnt there insured, but only to make matters worse progressive insured knew the judge, which Is conflict of interest & the judge should had excused him from the case.

I didn't see why we had to file the suit In the county where progressive insured lived, why couldn't we filed It where I lived where the accident happend. Progressive lawyer was a jerk towards me and he spoke to me like I was an idiot.

Even though the judge ruled agaisnt me progressive still settled, It still ticks me off how the judge treated me. My car loan company agreed to settle for $5,000 & progressive paid that & It was settled.

I still won even though the judge ruled agaisnt me there was nothing progressive dumbass smart mouth lawyer could do about It.

Progressive insured had backed out of there drive way & backed into me they didn't even look. I also did not have to pay any storage fees either. This whole situation could had been avoided If progressive insured had look to see If any cars where coming.

Progressive wrongfully accuses everyone

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Anyone who says progressive Is the best are blinded, because after how they treated me like crap & wrongfully blamed me for an accident I didn't cause they are scum.

Progressive knew they wrongfully blamed me they are the worst insurance company along with all state. All insurance companies are bad.

We need to form a webstie agaisnt progressive who have been victimized from progressive insurance called www.progressiveinsurancesucks.com.

It will be a site for victims to file complaints & there stories with there experince with progressive.

All state insurance already has a website agaisnt them www.allstateinsurancesucks.com.

These two insurance companies are the worst of the worst In settleing claims from damanges there insured cause & how unfair they are towards people, & how they wrongfully accuse the innocent driver.

Anyone who would defend them are dumb.

Excellent insurance company!!!

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

I no longer have Progressive but, I wish I had. I had to switch because progressive does not have home insurance. When I did have Progressive, they were the best. I was hit head-on during a snowstorm and this insurance company took very good care of me, and stayed with my car until it was fixed. When they decide to insure homes, I will go back.

Cancellation fee

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

It states in your packet of documents you received, that there would be a cancellation fee if the policy was terminated before the 6 months. They may not have told you over the phone, which was the reps error, but the consumer is responsible for knowing all terms and conditions of the policy they are taking out.