Complaint Review: Puerto Bahia

• Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Susan Ann — Los Angeles California United States of America
Puerto Bahia
Carretera Punta Mita km0.2, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle Internet Mexico

Puerto Bahia Rcardo Sanchez Will not honor the Mexican law giving you 5 days to cancel the contract Nayarit, Mexico Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same as your story

We have the same basic story as everyone We were enticed to visit a 90 minute presentation that went on for 5 hours of pressure and what appeared to be a deal too good to be true.  We got sucked in and the next day tried to cancel.

The day after that we went to the government Profeco office and they made up a directive statement which we were told to hand deliver and to also send it certified mail   We did hand deliver and photographed the delivery since the owners representative wouldnt sign for it and then we had DHL deliver this too.

Profeco told us we should get our money back.  And that we should send an email in 15 days if the credit card wasnt refunded.  I have emailed the address given to us twice with attachments and an explanation but have not been able to get acknowledgement back that the email has been received.  I also told American express to not pay them as this was a scam and I was disputing it.  They indicate a few months to investigate.  So far I am out about 8700.00 including exchange fees.

I am wondering if anyone has received a refund with or without the help of Profeco.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Puerto-Bahia/internet/Puerto-Bahia-Rcardo-Sanchez-Will-not-honor-the-Mexican-law-giving-you-5-days-to-cancel-the-1010406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puerto Bahia

Same as your story

AUTHOR: Mary - ()

Now I am wondering if we could get a class action suit. This has gone on for too long!
I also tried to get American Express to refund my money, and they were not able to. Did you go to the real estate office to get your credit card processed?
That is what happened to me. I have posted just a few minutes ago, and now want to add to your story. I spent 2 years dealing with Profeco, and went back last year and met with 2 different lawyers. They also spent 5 hours getting me to sign up, and sold me a complete villa, and then when I gave them my credit card, changed the contract to read a 1 bedroom! They toasted me with champagne, etc. Also, they used to have their sales office high on an undeveloped hill, and no way to get down to the main road unless you got a taxi ride. The salesman, Israel Curi, kept asking me out to dinner, flirting, etc. ( I am single)
I did get them to change this.
I cancelled within 2 days, in person.
I got the current person to witness this signature.

They say that it is REAL ESTATE, not a timeshare, and you can not get your money back. But it is listed in the RCI book of properties for 2013-2014. Interesting, huh?
The contract I signed said that ALL monies would be returned with interest if the property was not finished by 2012, December 31. Remember, I bought in January 2011. I did not complete the purchase as previously stated., I am wondering if anyone has bought this and liked it! T