Complaint Review: Pulte Homes

• Updated: Fri, August 12, 2011

• Reported By: Nathan — Trophy Club Texas United States of America
Pulte Homes
Trophy Club, Texas United States of America

Pulte Homes Pulte Warranty WARNING: Pulte will not honor the terms of your home warranty Trophy Club, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Pulte Trophy Club Happy Homeowner

*Consumer Comment: No kidding!

On August 2nd, 2011 I submitted the following warranty request on the Pulte website:

Service Community: Highlands at Trophy Club
 Service Item: Exterior
 Service Room: Other
 Question, request, or Comment: The lot has cracks throughout, up to 6-inches wide and over a foot
 deep.  The grass is dying throughout the yard because of poor soil (NOT AN IRRIGATION ISSUE)
On August 3rd, 2011, at 9:42 AM, "Customer Service DFW" <Customer.ServiceDFW@Pulte.com> wrote:

Dear Homeowner, thank you for your request.  We cannot warranty anything with your request.  It has been over 31 days with temperatures at or above 100 degrees.  Without proper irrigation these conditions can and will occur. It is your responsibility to maintain the moisture/watering of your sod to prevent this.  If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Warranty.Customer.Service
Dallas/Ft. Worth Division
Phone (972) 304-2805
Fax  (214) 276-8464
customer.servicedfw@pulte.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On August 3rd, 2011 at 9:52 AM I responded:

Please read the warranty request again.  I had a landscaping/turf expert look at the yard before submitting.  He confirmed that the issue was with the way the lot was graded and not due to irrigation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On August 3rd, 2011 at 12:43 PM, "Customer Service DFW" <Customer.ServiceDFW@Pulte.com> wrote:

Unfortunately we are unable to honor your request, as stated, it is your responsibility to maintain the moisture/watering of your sod to prevent this from happening.

Warranty.Customer.Service
Dallas/Ft. Worth Division
Phone (972) 304-2805
Fax  (214) 276-8464
customer.servicedfw@pulte.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On August 3rd, 2011 at 4:36 PM I responded:

I have had a landscaping expert oversee the irrigation of my lawn since closing.  I have tried to communicate clearly that this is not an irrigation issue.  According to section 17.2 of the Centex/Pulte Warranty ground settling like what is occurring on my lot is to be corrected by the builder.  Please confirm if the decision has been made not to abide by the terms of the warranty.

17.2 Ground settling. Settling of the ground around the home, utility trenches, or other filled areas should not interfere with water drainage. If interference does occur, the Builder will fill settled areas affecting proper drainage for a period of one year. The Builder will reinstall displaced plant material and sod that was originally installed by the Builder. Landscape altered by the Homeowner voids the Warranty on settlement.
I never received a response form Pulte.  The landscaper that I engaged before submitting the initial warranty request was deeply concerned about the settling issues on my lot.  He expressed that the level of erosion was more indicitive of what you would expect over a decade, rather than that of a lot built 8 months ago.  I have lost complete confidence that Pulte will stand behind the home and Home Warranty that they sold me.  I will try my best to warn friends and family and any propective buyers about their evasive tactics.  Please avoid the mistake I made of using Pulte

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2011 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pulte-Homes/Trophy-Club-Texas-76262/Pulte-Homes-Pulte-Warranty-WARNING-Pulte-will-not-honor-the-terms-of-your-home-warranty-764056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pulte Homes

Pulte Trophy Club Happy Homeowner

AUTHOR: Happy Homeowner - ()

We purchased our home in 2012 with Pulte in Trophy Club. I support this specific homeowners complaint being properly fixed by Pulte and their responsibility to do so 100%.  It is apparant that a vast majority of home builders have some issues from time to time and certain build sites seem to have better quality than others from the same builders.

When looking and comparing Lennar and Pulte in Trophy Club, we saw issues with both builder models.  Additionally we walked through many homes in the construction phase of both builders and saw little difference other than siding and price.  In the end we went with Pulte.

During construction, every question or concerrn was handled promptly and quite professionally by the construction manager.  Then during our one year warranty, the few issues we had fixed were addressed without hesitation and in a resonable manner of time.  Specifically for Trophy Club in looking at complaints about Lennar and Pulte, they run about the same number.  Perhaps the strict city code enforcement and construction approvals during the process provide the home buyer a better quality home no matter the builder.  How they respond is important to problems after the build.  In our case, Pulte has provided us with an excellent product, great service before and after the build and we are happy homeowners. *even every plate switch in the house has the screw lined up perfectly straight up and down in the whole house - now that is attention to detail.

No kidding!

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

Apparently you did not research this builder before you purchased a home with them.  The internet is rife with complaints and even an independant website set up to expose the poor craftsmanship of Pulte.  They have been scamming home buyers for years.