Complaint Review: QWEST

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By: chentemania — Peoria Arizona United States of America
7717 W DEER VALLEY RD STE 130 Peoria, Arizona United States of America

QWEST Qwest Community Liaison Representatitive Extending Dishonest Contracts Peoria, Arizona

I moved to Peoria,AZ last fall to start graduate school. I soon came to find out that Qwest was the only satellite TV and internet provider in my apartment complex. In addition, the only way I could set up my services was through whats called "Qwest Community Liaison Representative".

My representative quoted me certain prices and extended a couple of promotions sinec I was a bran new customer. The overall cost of my package was to be $75 or so a month according to the representative. She had also mentioned that I would be able to get some special features as part of my package (i.e. movie channels, etc).

My bill for the first three months was $93 each. My December bill was $144; January, $150; and February, $161. I have called Qwest a number of times and they have given me four or five different explanations. In addition, I was told by Qwest to contact my local representative, since she is the one that extended the contract (According to Qwest, the company does not have any control as to what the Community representatives say or do). I called my community representative to find out that she was no longer with Qwest. Her husband is the one taking her calls now and is referring people to call Qwest directly. I called Qwest about this issue and they said there is nothing they can do, but to set up payment plans for me.

I am very disappointed at the lack of honestry and professionalism by Qwest and its indepent contractors. No one is taking accountability for the actions of the Community Representative. However, Qwest is willing to charge me for their services and threatened to shut me off should I not pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QWEST/Peoria-Arizona-85382/QWEST-Qwest-Community-Liaison-Representatitive-Extending-Dishonest-Contracts-Peoria-Ari-576017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QWEST