Complaint Review: RECONNEX

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 02, 2004

• Reported By:Hyattsville, Maryland
RECONNEX
Hubbard, Oregon Hubbard, Oregon U.S.A.

RECONNEX Ripoff Fake Service Fake phone service, then quickly send you another bill for the next month payment. Hubbard Oregon

*UPDATE Employee: Operations Director

*Consumer Suggestion: No phone yet

*Consumer Comment: no phone service they lied to me

Reconnex claim to have connected me with service. The computer will give you a telephone number and installation date. Thing is, there is never a dial tone. I called numerous times and complained that I never had a dial tone. They told me I would have to go out to the phone box (where all this wiring is) and check to see if it is plugged in.

Then I informed them I have no experience in wiring, that why did I get phone service through them if they can't give me phone service. They said then I would have to pay for a technician to come out and see what the problem is. They tell me that Verizon technician was sent out, however they don't have a name, date or time that a technician came out.

Then I call and ask to speak to a supervisor, because I need to have my set up fee of $39.00 reimbursed to me since I never got service and I'll be damned if I am going to pay the monthly fee they are requiring if I don't have phone service. They told me that there Supervisors would have to call me back.

I'm sure I'll never get a call back and can kiss that $39.00 goodbye. There advertising on television is tricky. There is hidden information in there that should be revealed on television so that people will know what they are walking into!

Patricia
Hyattsville,, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2003 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RECONNEX/Hubbard-Oregon/RECONNEX-Ripoff-Fake-Service-Fake-phone-service-then-quickly-send-you-another-bill-for-th-53733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RECONNEX

Operations Director

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

Like all telephone companies in the United States of America, 1-800-Reconex provides dial tone service to a demarcation point. That demarcation point is usually (but not always) the network interface device (NID). The NID is that (often) gray box on the side of a residence. Since the break up of AT&T in 1984, wire and equipment inside the demarcation point is the responsibility of the property owner.

In each of these cases, Reconex has had a field technician validate that dial tone was present at the demarcation point. That fulfills our legal responsibility. The telephone industry is a highly regulated industry. If Reconex was in some way "ripping off" consumers, there are a number of regulatory agencies available to provide remedy, including the FCC, state public service commission, and attorney general office.

Quite often the "inside" wire problem is that the inside wire is not connected correctly at the demarcation point. Generally this doesn't take a journeyman electrician to repair. Someone with basic handyman skills can accomplish this. But, again, the inside wire and equipment is the responsibility of the property owner. That's not a Reconex policy, that's an industry standard across the United States.

I'm sure it is frustrating to pay money and not have a working telephone. Another way to look at this: if you knew your telephone set was broken, you wouldn't call your telephone company for a new one, you would go to Walmart and get another one, because you know the telephone set is your responsibility. Ensuring dial tone from the demarcation point to your telephone set is also the responsibility of the property owner.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

No phone yet

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

They ripped my moma off by getting a phone cause they never gave her one yet

no phone service they lied to me

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

they lied to me they said if i sent 39.00 they would turn my phone on but it.s been two weeks now no phone some one is going to be in big trouble because i will not stop until they are.every time i call they lie to me they never gave me a phone number are anything.