Complaint Review: Radio Airplay

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: Vincent — Reno Nevada
Radio Airplay
Internet USA

Radio Airplay Jango Falsifying email address to make it look like I have a lot of listeners and fans and people sharing their internet addresses when they don't exist. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I don't think this is a scam

*Consumer Comment: Jango Artist Account

*Consumer Comment: Any more word on Radio Airplay as a Scam?

Jango tells you that you have a lot of Listeners and Fans and People sharing their emails with you . In my case I had over 18,000 Listeners, over 200 Fans and 37 people sharing their emails. When I tried to email or Facebook these people they did not exist or they didn't know who I was.  I just kept buying radio plays to no avail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Airplay/internet/Radio-Airplay-Jango-Falsifying-email-address-to-make-it-look-like-I-have-a-lot-of-listene-1064780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Airplay

I don't think this is a scam

AUTHOR: Paul Revere - ()

While I haven't generated sales traction through Radio Airplay, I have obtained emails as well as feedback comments that clearly came from real people who had listened to my song.  Jango Radio won't translate into sales unless you have other leads as well, but it is clearly available on the internet, you can listen to your songs - and anyone else can as well.  I don't believe the 'bot' comment and I think whoever is spreading that would do well to have it researched before making such an assertion - it could easily come from a competitive service.  Jango is in connection with a lot of legitimate services.

There is also a high correlation with the quality of my songs and production and my scores on Jango - so it can't just be a complete scam.  The outcomes correlate with other sights where I have tested my music.

You won't get rich just putting your tunes on Jango.  It has to be combined with other efforts to get your music out and you must have a very high quality product as there is tons of competition amongst Indie artists.

Jango Artist Account

AUTHOR: 4SringTenor - ()

After signing up for Jango, I took a chance with $30.- but later searched and found a Ripoff Report against the company. I did exactly what the consumer in mind posted on this report. First off, I accessed the listeners and fans located on my account, drafted up a brief email ( about 15 ) directly to their Facebook page ( users world wide ) and did in fact receive one reply so far. The listener is located in Saskatchawan, CN and replied " I cannot recall hearing the song or title by your band, I may have, I really don't know, I hear lots of unsigned artists on Jango, best of luck with your music ".

As for my judgement, Jango Internet Radio seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. My biggest question is, if it's a rip off, why would National Acts be on this Jango Radio, if their not being paid ? The benefits to those bands would be sales and this site is nothing more than advertising your song and band. Also, why the heck would Geico even be advertising on Jango if it's a scam ? and why is there not pages and pages of complaints ? In fact, I do find more Facebook Likes and Talking About me as an unsigned artist, it's building really slow, day by day. On Facebook, I'm running a simple campain for $10.- for 3 days and it's kind of fun instead of handing my money over to the liquor store or bar tender. The main issue could be that you as a musician might want to try different songs, get a new sound, offer some free track downloads as teasers, run a meisly  or pack it in and call it quits. That's just my opinion straight from New Jersey.

Any more word on Radio Airplay as a Scam?

AUTHOR: Jim H - ()

Based on this and a few other similar reports, I have canceled, for the time being, my recurring $10 a month committment to Radio Airplay.  I have spent about $110 on them so far, not a lot compared to some, but nevertheless money apparently down the drain?

I garnered about 80 fans so far, and sent replies through the RA site to each of them thanking them for their interest in my music.  I have so far had not a single reply, nor any sales from my web site, which I always include in the email.

I realize this may be just the fact of life with online music fans, that they don't care enough beyond that initial click of becoming a fan, but it really spooks me that this might be just a bunch of web bots and not real people at all.

Has there been any followup to this, or other reports?  If this is indeed a scam, and I am not saying that it is, then it is very pernicious and needs to be stopped.  Even if the fans are for real, there seems to be little value in the pay to play if there is no followup or communication back and forth, nor any way to contact them direcdtly.

I would like to hear more on this, especially from the RA people themselves. Prove that this is not a scam or cease doing it!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC