Complaint Review: Rare Breeds

• Submitted: Fri, October 28, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, October 28, 2005

• Reported By:Staten Island New York
Rare Breeds
8809 101st Ave Jamaica, New York U.S.A.

Rare Breeds Ripoff, Sold a dog with a exisitng injury Jamaica New York

*Author of original report: Lies, Lies, Lies Rare Breed Inc.

I had purchased a 5 month old Yorkshire Terrier puppy from Rare Breeds Inc. And I had only had the puppy for 4 days, when he had injured his leg. I immediatley brought him to my vet, because it was closer than traveling to Queens, to where their vet is located.

My vet checked out the dog and stated that he had a existing fracture to his left joint in his front leg. And that I had to see an orthopedic specialist. Due to the fact that the original injury was never cared for, and it is possible he will need surgery to correct it. costing about $3,000.

I immediatley contacted the woman I purchased him from, and never received a phone call back. It was not until I sent an email stating it was urgent did she reply. She stated that she had no prior knowledge of this injury.

The next phone call I received was Jeff, he stated he was Dolores husband and had, raised this puppy since it was born (the dog was born in Hungray, I have all the paperwork.) He stated that I had no right accusing him, which I did not, I simply explained my Vet said it was an existing injury.

Well from there it was nothing but emails from him. I made an appoinment to see his Vet, Dr. Helpran. And when I saw the vet he also argreed that it was an existing fracture. I then sent an email to Jeff letting him know all the details.

I was asking for 50% of what I purchased the dog for, and for reimbursment of the doctor's visit and xray fees. I was not even asking for him to pay for the surgery that will run approximately $3,000. I believe that was I was asking was resonable, but he does not want to agree on anything.

Bottom line is the dog was injured, and Jeff, as the owner and caretaker of this puppy, and other puppies, did not take well enough care of this puppy. I asked Jeff if we could settle this outside of court, and he stated that he is not going to give me a pure breed Yorkie for only $35, but what he seems to avoid is the simple fact that, the surgery is $3,000... How am I getting a pure breed Yorkie for $35?

He then goes on to say how I do not deserve to have one of his puppies... I saved this puppy from him, because some people might not want a special needs dog. And if they were to return him, what would happen, the 5 month old dog put to sleep. Whoever is reading this Please stay away from this man. He is very nasty and seems to not know how to tell the truth.

Erin
Staten Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2005 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rare-Breeds/Jamaica-New-York-11416/Rare-Breeds-Ripoff-Sold-a-dog-with-a-exisitng-injury-Jamaica-New-York-162451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rare Breeds

Lies, Lies, Lies Rare Breed Inc.

AUTHOR: Erin - (U.S.A.)

And, also I was assured that the puppy was up-to-date with all shots excluding his rabies. And was astonished when my Vet told me he was not, and that I had to start his shots all over again. I simply asked Jeff how he was going to rectify this and the response I received was "Return the Dog". This is a living aniaml, not a car or shoes... How can people be so cruel