Complaint Review: Recreational Factory Warehouse

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004

• Reported By:Madisonville Tennessee
Recreational Factory Warehouse
Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Recreational Factory Warehouse ripoff Rude, Unhelpful, Driving Us Crazy Knoxville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Lots of Confusion

My husband and I bought a portable hot tub from Recreational Factory Warehouse and while we are happy with the hot tub. We are both upset with the store. They didn't tell us anything about the hot tub, how to set it up, how to use the chemical, that we could need more chemicals then what they sold us, etc....

They quoted us different prices depending on who we talked to. One sales lady told us there would be a $100 discount if we picked up the hot tub instead of having it delivered. When we went to pick up the hot tub and the Assist Manager Greg Heckman told us that his sales staff didn't have a clue about the prices of anything and couldn't provide any information. So, the price was as he had told us. Mr. Heckman ran a credit check on my husband and then when we got approved and they had my husband's signature, etc... then they couldn't get us out of the store fast enough.

They told us nothing like I have mentioned before and after my husband and I got the hot tub unloaded and called because we realized we needed information.....none of the salespeople could help us over the telephone, only Greg Heckman. We had to call several times to get information and he told us {no matter if my husband or I called} that he had already gave the information to the other spouse. It's driving us crazy and the hot tub still isn't right.

I am calling the corporate headquarters which is located in Florida to see if I can get any help from them or to at least let them know that I'm unhappy and that an unhappy customer is the worst adversting that they could get. Because a happy customer will tell a few people while an unhappy customer will tell everyone.
I only wished now that I had found this website before because it would forewarned me. Better luck next time.
Oh by the way, the number for Rec. Warehouse Headquarters in Florida is {407} 297-0141.

Amanda
Madisonville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse/Knoxville-Tennessee/Recreational-Factory-Warehouse-ripoff-Rude-Unhelpful-Driving-Us-Crazy-Knoxville-Tennesse-104172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recreational Factory Warehouse

Lots of Confusion

AUTHOR: FloridaGatorsteeth - ()

If you're not from Florida or even Georgia you may not be getting the correct impression about all of these reports.  There are at least 15 companies with similar names and even mocking logos that could be confused with eachother.  There is Recreation Warehouse, Recreational Factory Warehouse, Rec Factory outlet, Rec Direct, Rec Pool and Spa, Rec expo etc.  One guy started a company Called Rec Warehouse and did really well.  There are a lot of companies that copy them in the pool and hot tub business.

People should really talk what they know because there is a lot of misinformation abut these companies.  As far As I know, the Rec Warehouse company from Atlanta can get you parts not like some other companies.  Usually the owners of the store are not the same as the managers but the sales guys are with the management.  The ones from atlanta Called Rec Warehouse are pretty good they even gave me free shipping to florida for parts on my pool most places dont even want to hear from you.  Different companies were in tenhesee and the carolinas that messed things up for consumers.