Complaint Review: Rent A Center

• Reported By: Anonymous — Alabama United States of America
Rent A Center
Nationwide United States of America

Rent A Center Scammed Internet, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: I work at RAC...

*Consumer Comment: The problem is not RAC

Yes I have a complaint about Rent A Center, First off I am not a customer but I was put down as a reference. I have been called daily and threatened to be put in Jail to put other people I know In Jail plus the guy said he was gonna call my place of employment and tell them myself and my family are thief's and my door has been knocked on punched even kicked plus my screen door left swinging my windows peeked in and banged on this is all after the first time they came out to my home and I spoke with them. My son who does not live with me rented (1) item that he owes less then $200. Why do these people think they can just go around trying to Intimidate and harass. Sooo tired of this company already !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 05:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/nationwide/Rent-A-Center-Scammed-Internet-Nationwide-1000036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center

I work at RAC...

AUTHOR: RAChelp - (USA)

Hi I work at RAC and I regret to read about what youve experienced as a reference. Its against our policy to use threats or undue pressure when attempting to collect merchandise and/or payments from a customer. I know that our Customer Care team would want to get some additional feedback from you and also get you removed from our reference list, so please give them a call at 1-800-422-8186. Thanks, and I hope this helps.

The problem is not RAC

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your problem is with your son who isn't paying his bills.   If you want them to stop calling you get him to either pay what he owes or return the item.   It doesn't matter if he owes $200, $2, or $2000 until me makes all of his payments it is not his item.

Of course if they are actually doing everything you say, the next time they come to your house and start peaking in your windows and kicking your door..call 9-1-1 and take pictures/video of them doing all of this.