Complaint Review: Rescare, Normal Life Of Terre Haute

• Submitted: Thu, April 30, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 30, 2009

• Reported By:brazil Indiana
Rescare, Normal Life Of Terre Haute
1800 S. 3rd St Terre Haute, Indiana U.S.A.

Rescare, Normal Life Of Terre Haute Underpaid hardworking employees once again are victims to rescare's lying and secret keeping Terre Haute Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Getting your panties in a wad over nothing

Last week rescare employees found out the time span in which they are getting paid will be changing from every 2 weeks to twice a month. Not a big deal in and of itself. However what is a big deal, to myself and other employees I have conferred with is the fact that the company just told us and this change goes into effect next payday and the higher ups of the company have known for months.

This inability to notify employees of a change has many employees wondering how they are supposed to make a 13 day paycheck last for 19 days as will be the case with one of the checks we will be receiving. Not only were employees not able to plan ahead and save for the days they will be without a check, but many coworkers also have told me they will be dropping their insurance because the rates are increasing as well!! How ridiculous is that?

Now normally I am one to not complain, I have worked for this company for almost 3 years and have seen many shady things, however when I barely live 14 days paycheck to paycheck, I would like someone to tell me who is going to feed me and my children those extra 5 days. I think the idea of rescare is a very good and christian one, but the people that run this company have their morals all mixed up.

Just recently a resident passed away who was a good friend of mine. He was old and the good Lord called him home. Instead of giving this man a decent funeral our company thought it fitting to have him buried in a box made of cardboard!! I could not believe my eyes.

400 dollars a week to feed 8 people but household supplies and hygiene products, our residents go without or staff has to scrounge most of the time to make a decent meal. These residents deserve better. Our company takes their money and the government money and this is the best they can do? I fail to believe that.

How can anyone work for this company and believe they are doing a good job? I dont see how. I have recently put my two weeks notice in because the ethics of this company are rotten and my conscience wont let me be at peace there. I will miss my residents as over 3 years I have grown to love them like my own family. I hope one day rescare will change.

Thegothikone
brazil, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2009 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rescare-Normal-Life-Of-Terre-Haute/Terre-Haute-Indiana-47802/Rescare-Normal-Life-Of-Terre-Haute-Underpaid-hardworking-employees-once-again-are-victims-447804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rescare, Normal Life Of Terre Haute

Getting your panties in a wad over nothing

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Did anyone discuss with you how many hours they were going to be paying you?? Are you in that dire financial straits that you can't wait a few extra days??

Most companies (if not all) will merely be averaging in your wages. What does this mean to you?? Instead of getting paid for 80 hours every two weeks you will be getting paid for anything from 86 to 88 hours every two weeks. Another way of doing it will be paying you anywhere from 80 hours to 96 hours.

Why don't you ask around and get info on how many hours you will be getting paid for since you are going from getting 26 checks a year to 24 checks?