Complaint Review: Richard Fuller Homes

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, July 02, 2005

• Reported By:fort worth TX
Richard Fuller Homes
Parkway at Park Glenn , Texas U.S.A.

Do Not Move Into A Richard Fuller Home until completed and inspected!!!! *Consumer Suggestion

*Consumer Suggestion: Our case finally settled, I hope everyone else's has also

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Only close with zero exceptions to be done or your out of luck

*0: Fuller has claimed that his insurance company, Great American, is taking care of this, but they are not doing anything.

After you buy a Richard Fuller Home it is very difficult to get the builder to fix anything, even if they have promised. They are rapidly building in Fort Worth Texas and not taking care of the homeowners that have already bought.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Fuller-Homes/Texas/Do-Not-Move-Into-A-Richard-Fuller-Home-until-completed-and-inspected-Consumer-Suggest-5915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Fuller Homes

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

I came here to update my own complaint tonight to say we satisfactorily resolved our complaint with all parties involved in June 2005, on the house we bought 5 yrs ago. We got a lot of helpful information from HADD.com too. Thank you Rip off Report!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Scott - ()

Don't close unless you have zero work or exceptions to be done on the house. Any unfinished work will never be completed. I had to sit by as Fuller builders ignored innocent customers who thought the work would be finished after they closed. Most of the time their just trying to get you to close by the end of the month so the builder and sales rep. will get their bonus for that month.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#9 0

AUTHOR: - ()

We also bought from Fuller, in Oklahoma, before he skipped out of this state right after we closed. We also have our complaint on here, and on Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings, http://www.hadd.com which has been very helpful to us.

After several months of demanding they fix our house, they still only fixed some minor things--but the terrible grading and drainage, the foundation failure, the doors and windows that won't open and close right, and the roof that has multiple defects such as complete omission of roofing felt under the shingles, have not been addressed. When we call repair companies to give estimates, many don't even want the job
because they think the house is too defective.

Fuller has claimed that his insurance company, Great American, is taking care of this, but they are not doing anything. He has also claimed the warranty company, HBW/NHIC is taking care of it, but the house is still not fixed. We certainly don't consider promises to be equal to resolution. Several engineers and many other experts have all confirmed the house is quite defective. Fuller, the warranty company, Fuller's insurance company, the attorney general, the BBB, a builder's association here, HUD, etc...all have copies of those documents in their
posession. We sent it return reciept mail and we know they got it.

I'm normally a "live and let live" kind of person, but there is no way they will fix a thing if you try to be nice about it. Builders should advertise that they have disposable houses and no customer service, not "quality construction," and "dedication to customer service."