Complaint Review: River City Real Estate

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
River City Real Estate
307 Stockton Street Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

River City Real Estate Company rips off tenants Richmond Virginia

This company seems to be in business only to ripoff its tenants. They own about 800 properties.

When I rented the property the apartment had gas stoves and water heaters and I was not informed that they intended to remove these and install electric stoves and water heaters to replace them. This was in effect an increase in rent as they had paid for the gas and I pay for electricity. That same year they also increased my rent.

I was charged a late fee for the month I moved in. The rent is normally due on the first but I was not able to make arrangements with the rental company until the fifth to pay the rent my original move-in day was Aug 1st but I was able to move in a month earlier unexpectedly on July 5th. I feel I paid July's rent in a timely manner. They did not say anything to me when I paid the rent. They sent me a bill for the late fee a year later.

The laundry facilities are dirty and often washer and dryers so not work. They are slow to repair them when they are not working.

The charge fees for normal maintenance work that should be the responsibility of the rental agency. Maintenance request are never handled in a timely manner. I am currently waiting for someone to fix a leak under my sink that I reported 5 days ago. After the first call I have had no response from the company to my request to be informed when I can expect the problem fixed. They never answer their phones I have sent two emails and left one messages.

Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/River-City-Real-Estate/Richmond-Virginia-23224/River-City-Real-Estate-Company-rips-off-tenants-Richmond-Virginia-409523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on River City Real Estate