Complaint Review: SMART START

• Updated: Tue, October 25, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous NM — FARMINGTON New Mexico United States of America
SMART START

SMART START INTERLOCK MALFUNCTION! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like the system is keeping you honest...

What an amazing scam that Smart Start Inc. and the Department of Motor Vehicles has come up with!!! The MVD/Court System mandates that this equipment be installed and then in turn Smart Start Inc. supplies faulty equipment resulting in ongoing, never ending stress, money lost and consequence with the court.

I have complained to the company as well as to the court continually since my device was installed.  It continually says abort hum or abort early when nothing has changed from the time I did it before.  I have had numerous violations occur after things like eating ice cream or drinking an energy drink at which time I ALWAYS retest right away because the company and the court said that if I did so that I would have no concerns from them.

Well, big surprise! Guess what! Now they are saying that I have had that happen to many times and that they believe I am having someone blow in it for me... Explain to me WHY if I was going to do that would I have them blow in it for me, miss the retest and then magically pass the follow up test? HELLO!!! If they were still with me to pass the third test doesnt it make sense that I would have them take the second retest!!! If I had someone blow in it the first time, do you really think I would be stupid enough to blow in it the second time and then somehow magically PASS it the third time???

Not to mention that they are claiming that I have had "high BAC's" on retest but then not on the third test.... Everything you learn about how your body processes alcohol says that you cannot under any circumstance go from a .08 to a .00 in 5 minutes no matter what you do, so in theory shouldn't it be similiar in that you cannot physically go from a .001 to a .20 in less than 5 minutes and then magically back to a .001! It is not physically possible! So explain to me where the common sense is in the people's evaluating abilities!

This company and the court system has definitely figured out how to keep you in the system and keep their money coming in forever with this faulty, inaccurate, dangerous, ridiculous equipment and system of reporting!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2011 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SMART-START/internet/SMART-START-INTERLOCK-MALFUNCTION-Internet-791856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SMART START

Sounds like the system is keeping you honest...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

If you weren't a serial DUI offender, you wouldn't have this device in the first place.

Learn to drive WITHOUT drinking.

This device has been proven reliable, and it's installed to attempt to let offenders like you drive without killing other people.

Stop whining and throw away the bottle.  No sympathy here, I've seen what drunks behind the wheel can do to others and their families.

Perhaps a better method would be to just bar you from driving at all and arrest and jail you for a long period if you do.  Either way works for me.