grain

• Updated: Sun, February 14, 2010

• Reported By: Richard S. — Blanch North Carolina United States of America
SWREG Inc
9625 West 76th St; Eden Prairie, Minnesota United States of America

SWREG Inc SWREG Inc. got on my Skype Account and told me I had several Viruses and Worms infecting my computer. I was force directed to a site that was claiming to wipe out all of these threats for $19.95. I tr Eden Prairie, Minnesota

While on Skype, a message was posted on my contact page, from SWREG, Inc; that it was important for me to, immediately download a program to remove viruses and worms, that had been detected by SWREG, Inc. I could not close these windows and was continually redirected to a site that offered a "fix" foe $19.95. Because I was unable to close out these windows, I purchased a program described as: Repair Registry 2008. It was claimed this was an, "instant Download". The product code for this item was listed as, 43835-regrep. After purchasing this item, I tried to contact the seller, for confirmation of the product and get some feel for all this urgent action.

I left a message on Skype, as I was told: SWREG was added to my contacts and to verify my payment and explain all about these viruses and worms they claimed my system was in, critical, need of being protected.

I have not heard any thing from SWREG. Skype is very hard to communicate with as well. I wanted to let them know someone was using their site for deceptive practices.

At this point, I'm very upset that I fell for this. However, if $19.95 would prevent my computer from crashing, I couldn't take that chance.

I can't help but feel violated. I'm going to contact my credit card company and try and reverse the payment. What a RIP-OFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2010 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SWREG-Inc/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344/SWREG-Inc-SWREG-Inc-got-on-my-Skype-Account-and-told-me-I-had-several-Viruses-and-Worms-569422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SWREG Inc