Complaint Review: Savings2Go, Stonebridge Benefit Services, Quest

• Submitted: Sat, February 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 25, 2009

• Reported By:Baton Rouge Louisiana
Savings2Go, Stonebridge Benefit Services, Quest
2700 W Plano Parkway Plano, Texas U.S.A.

Savings2Go, Quest, Stonebridge Benefit ServicesS, Quest Unauthorized Charges to Credit Card - Auto-enrolled in programs I did not approve Plano Texas

*Author of original report: Item received

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs Manager

I, too, ordered the "wonder hangars" (still don't have them yet). And I, too, got jacked with additional shipping and handling charges...and auto-enrolled into programs that auto-deducted from my card used for the purchase without my express consent.

When ordering online, there was no final invoice telling what the total of the order was or what the shipping and handling charges would be. It was only when I saw the amount charged to my account that I freaked out - but in their defense, I went back to the site and found waaaay down in the fine print what the S/H charges were...again, BUYER BEWARE, but like others, I also just "bit it" and accepted it as a lesson learned, all the while hoping my hangars will be wonderfully worth all of this.

Then today I received a "membership" card from Savings2Go...no details on the program or benefits and no information on a charge involved. Normally I would have tossed this as it appears to be junk mail, but then I noticed my email account on it and got curious. So upon checking my email, I discovered a "welcome" email with links to my "account".

Rather than click the link for the "$10 reward" (I already knew something was fishy, so why go deeper?), I selected "Membership Details". Lo and behold I was sent to a "Welcome Letter" that served as "authorization" of my acceptance of the $14.95 fees to be auto-deducted from my bank account. I promptly called the number on the letter (same as on "membership" card 1-800-448-1944) and spoke with a rep to try and determine what this was, why I was involved, and why I was being charged.

According to is records, I'd voluntarily enrolled while purchasing a "tv" product. It didn't ring a bell as I don't purchase "tv" products - but then recalled those amazing little hangars I'd ordered...When I explained I'd not authorized it and wanted to cancel, he first started going thru the sales pitch of the wonderful benefits - and while the benefits look appealing, they are not worth $15 a month to me at this state of the economy. He politely agreed to cancel the membership and apologized for any issue regarding the enrollment as they "don't want to charge for something they wasn't authorized".

I'm still waiting to see if the second company listed on previous posts does the same, but at least now I'll be ready for it and know what to look for.

Mama always said to pay attention to the fine print and "little details"...if I'd listened I probably wouldn't still be waiting on my $100 plastic hangars...or the next rip-off artist that will attach fees to my account because I just couldn't live without additional closet space.

M in louisiana
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Savings2Go-Stonebridge-Benefit-Services-Quest/Plano-Texas-75075/Savings2Go-Quest-Stonebridge-Benefit-ServicesS-Quest-Unauthorized-Charges-to-Credit-Car-421390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Savings2Go, Stonebridge Benefit Services, Quest

Item received

AUTHOR: M in louisiana - (U.S.A.)

I got the "wonder hangers". While they are a far cry from being worth what I paid, they are now in the closet holding clothes. You have to be careful (you can't use thick plastic hangers, can't hang really heavy stuff, can't hang on low closet bars or the clothes will drag the floor), but if you have light-weight clothes with high closets, it will suffice. The concept of "making more space in the closet" is not entirely accurate. The appearance of more space is there because the clothes now hang vertically instead of horizontally, but you still have to keep room to "open" the hanger to add or remove clothes from it, so it's a wash on space iin the end. But it did allow me to appease the OCD in me and group my clothes faster...Still I would not recommend this product for the price or suggest anyone else get taken by this scam...sorry.

Consumer Affairs Manager

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

At Savings2Go nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.