Complaint Review: Savingsmart.com , Saving Smart

• Reported By:Hope Valley Rhode Island
Savingsmart.com , Saving Smart
Savingsmart.com Internet U.S.A.

Savingsmart.com Or Saving Smart Getting rich $1 at a time! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Why don't YOU simply dispute the charge?

Opened up my bank statement to find a $1 charge to Savingsmart.com. My bank claims that it is up to me to dispute the charge or to cancel my debit card.

I attempted to contact Savingsmart.com at the phone number they list, but reached a recording which runs you around and provides no information. There is no option to speak with anyone, and the recording disconnects you.

These people (person) is running a scam. Banks (at least mine) put the burden on the victim and not the fraudulent so-called "merchant".

I imagine Savingsmart.com is getting rich $1 at a time! They count on knowing jumping through all the hoops about $1. I also filled out an on-line complaint form with the Connecticut Department of Banking. I'm sure they'll do nothing too, and these criminals will continue to get rich $1 at a time!

Jim
Hope Valley, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2007 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Savingsmartcom-Saving-Smart/internet/Savingsmartcom-Or-Saving-Smart-Getting-rich-1-at-a-time-Internet-248740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Savingsmart.com , Saving Smart

Why don't YOU simply dispute the charge?

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

It is NOT that painful! Your bank does not know SQUAT about what company might or might not be fleecing you... but you do. So start disputing, because YOU are the injured party- not your bank!

I have disputed two CC charges in.... ummm... 15 years. Both were ebay transactions, and I disputed the charges simply to close the issues quickly rather than wait for any ponderous ebay processes to grind out. I spent a total of... um... 45 minutes or less, total, to complete these two disputes.

Also I WILL NOT use a debit card. I think (as do many financial advisors) that debit cards are a really bad idea for the account holder. A CC is MUCH BETTER- for those of us disiplined enough to manage a CC.