- Report: #404633
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sheila Rush Kennel Kennels
Sheila Rush Kennel Kennelswww.rushkennel.com Pleasant Garden, North Carolina U.S.A.
Sheila Rush Kennel Kennels Beware! Run! Educate Yourself FIRST! Pleasant Garden North Carolina
* We were given one price via email & charged another $100 at pick up
* We were promised a particular puppy and were given a completely different dog at pick up. Were told puppy coats change color... wish you could see the pictures. This is NOT the same dog. It's obvious.
* Were promised verbally crate, toys, food, microchip, and an outfit from the "boutique." At pick up -- we were charged for everything.
* Were told their dogs have been tested for genetic defects and that they provide a guarantee towards such. The guarantee is basically worthless. It only provides for THREE DAYS. Even then, you will have to bring the dog back to her so she can have HER vet look at the pup and make his own decision. AND even then, it is still at her discretion whether she will give you another pup and IF she does, it will be one that she choses herself. Not you.
* The guarantee / contract that she claims is for the protection of both parties is really for no one's benefit but her own. In other words, she's got her bu** covered at all costs.
* Upon arrival, there is a huge white boxer (possibly pitbull?) at the gate in a pen. They say he's there for protection... from what???
* As you drive in, there is a huge sign posted by their neighbors stating that they have NOTHING to do with Rush Kennel! Why???
* We were given NO paperwork from a vet.
* They promise registration papers. We got nothing. Not that it would matter. They are from the Universal Kennel Club. Check it out. A farce. Ask why she had her license revoked from AKC (the gold standard)...
* They are very clear that they have no time to show people around their facilities and the puppies' parents. They are very clear that outsiders can contaminate the facility. The do not provide pictures of parents on request. They do not show pictures of any part of the facility. WHY? Is there something to hide???
* Be wary of any glowing reports about their dogs or service and whatnot. You cannot verify WHO is writing this stuff...
* And even though you cannot verify who is writing the reports, READ them and CONSIDER what they are saying very carefully.
* Run a search for your particular breed and find an online community where you can ask about and search for information about this place. If these glowing reports are true, then it will come out.
* Run a search for rescue groups that deal with your particular breed. Ask them if they have any experience with Rush Kennel. They will be glad to help you and glad that you came to them for information.
* Sometimes we buy a puppy because we have lost a dog dear to us, and we make a purchase while we are still emotional. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful as you search for your next companion. Don't let these people prey on your delicate emotional state. Because they WILL. Especially when it's so easy to purchase with a credit card...
* Our puppy came to us with a mangy coat that tooks months of potent antibiotics to treat.
* Our puppy was found to have elevated liver enzyme levels when he went to be neutered. Tell tale sign of poor breeding.
* Our puppy has already broken his leg. Be sure to corner them on whether or not they do bone density tests on the parents. Get proof.
* I am not the only one who has had these problems with a RK puppy. There are PLENTY of others. Not just the ones you read about on this forum. If you follow my advice above, you are certain to find them.
Finally, I use the username Heartbroken because the effects of our purchase from Rush Kennel did just that... My daughter was heartbroken that she didn't get the puppy she dreamt about for weeks. My husband is furious over the outrageous vet bills we've accrued. And me... I am sick because all the work I've done over the years helping animals get to forever homes from hideous puppy mill raids was for nothing, it seems, as now I have to live with the fact that I myself put more money into the hands of thieves like this. If this isn't a puppy mill, it's close enough for me -- greed, deceipt. Enough said.
There are soooo many other breeders out there. Good breeders. And please don't overlook the possibility of rescue. There are wonderful dogs out there desperate for a home. Please please please think twice before you put your hard earned dollars into the hands of these people. If I felt there was any real way to get restitution for everything we've been through, I'd do it. In the meantime, spreading the word is all we have. Which is what I will continue to do.
Please read the other posts about this place. My heart goes out to anyone duped by them. Especially the family with the yorkie that passed away the day they received him. Wish there was some way to connect! Just know you're not alone...
As for Sheila Rush and Rush Kennels... say what you will. Go ahead and try to defend yourself. Your day will come. Even though we may never see justice served, I gotta believe it will happen.
Thanks Ripoff Report for providing the space allowing people like us to tell our stories.
Charleston, South Carolina
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sheila-Rush-Kennel-Kennels/Pleasant-Garden-North-Carolina/Sheila-Rush-Kennel-Kennels-Beware-Run-Educate-Yourself-FIRST-Pleasant-Garden-North-Caro-404633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.