Complaint Review: Shopping Essentials, 24 Protect Plus

• Submitted: Tue, June 26, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 26, 2007

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
Shopping Essentials, 24 Protect Plus
P.O. Box 5752 Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Shopping Essentials, 24 Protect Plus Unauthorized charges for a stupid service Des Plaines Illinois

While making some payments online, I started by checking my starting balance in my account. To my surprize there were 2 identical charges made by 2 companies I'd never heard of.

It was too late to call my bank so I attempted to call the toll free numbers that showed up on my checking account. The prompted message sounded very generic. "To enter the credit card number your services were charged to press 1." I then looked up the companies. Still no bells ringing!!!

Both of the charges were for $29.90. The website, Shopping Essentials, was a member ship to be able to buy gift certificates and get discounted prices from shopping online. The 24 protect plus website had icons for protecting your family, finances, pets but it didn't really explain what I would be protecting them from. I also found that the addresses from the two "different" companies were the same. AND, even though they had 2 different telephone numbers, the teleprompt messages were identical too!! The automated voice was the same for both numbers too.

I sent an e-mail demanding that someone call me and that I already am seeking legal action after finding reports of them on "RipoffReport.com" I also will be calling my bank in hopes that they can help with the unauthorized charges. They've messed with the wrong person. I will be contacting my local news too to tell them of this scam.

Amaris
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2007 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essentials-24-Protect-Plus/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60017-5152/Shopping-Essentials-24-Protect-Plus-Unauthorized-charges-for-a-stupid-service-Des-Plaines-257107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essentials, 24 Protect Plus