Complaint Review: Skype.com

• Submitted: Wed, June 15, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By: Bobby THompson — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Skype.com

Skype.com Skype Skype kept billing my account after I turned off the monthly renewal again and again, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Skype defeats ninjas

I tried Skype's $2.99 server several month's ago. After I wasn't happy with the service I turned it off from the admin panel. I followed the steps to disable the billing/renewal in their FAQ on the site. I was billed the following month. I scoured their website for a phone number for customer support or even an e-mail address. There was NOTHING. I disabled my Skype account. I was billed again the following month. I am now disputing with PayPal. DO NOT DEAL WITH SKYPE. You can't communicate with anyone at Skype. When you have a problem, nobody exists to complain to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2011 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skypecom/internet/Skypecom-Skype-Skype-kept-billing-my-account-after-I-turned-off-the-monthly-renewal-again-741204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skype.com

Skype defeats ninjas

AUTHOR: Tek - (USA)

I have used this service on and off for several years. I have never had an issue such as this. The disable/renew option is located clearly in your account profile as the last option at the bottom of the account tab. You will need to make sure you enter all fields and complete all steps in order to successfully release your account from any further charges. If you are having further issues, might I suggest you take an A+ essentials class for basic computer use. They are taught all over the country, relatively cheap, and you could greatly benefit from it.

Hope I helped!