Complaint Review: SmartStyle - Regis

• Submitted: Wed, June 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, October 17, 2010

• Reported By:S Pitts. Tennessee
SmartStyle - Regis
501 Kimball Crossing Kimball, Tennessee U.S.A.

SmartStyle - Regis Unfair working conditions, unpaid overtime and the list goes on ripoff Kimball Tennessee

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: mistake

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: stylist is telling the truth

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: wow overtime really

Stylist and managers forced to work 7 days a week and up to 12 hours per day (with exception of Sunday-8 hours) this is more than 40 hours and no overtime is paid. Do not be an employee and ask for a day off to seek medical appointment-they will only tell you "might be able to take Sunday off". Excuse me but after 3 weeks straight with no time off. I don't think so - so I left.

This is not a great company to work for. I have been told stylists are a dime a dozen. This may be true, but good ones are worth a whole lot more. besides, with what they have not paid me-the whole state should be fully staffed.

Diana
S Pitts., Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2007 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SmartStyle-Regis/Kimball-Tennessee-37347/SmartStyle-Regis-Unfair-working-conditions-unpaid-overtime-and-the-list-goes-on-ripoff-252803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SmartStyle - Regis

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

mistake

AUTHOR: a stylist - (United States of America)

sorry the rebuttal that says about being fired for commition was written to the wrong rebuttal... i have correct it but i can not cancel what i have written in your statement.. sorry..

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

stylist is telling the truth

AUTHOR: a stylist - (United States of America)

I too am a recent x employee of smartstyles in sanford and was fired unfairley. I have tried to write the company about my termination with no answers back. though i was fired for non commitioning out of 5 1/2 years of service i can find with me now 18 paychecks that have all commitioned except 3 and could probably find more if need be, this is what they fired me for.. However I know the stylist that you are talking about. Even though i worked at the sanford salan on rineheart WE too get complaints about this stylist however i believe she is working in the deltona store now.  I have even had a customer call the company from our store to complain about her and guess what??? I was fired about a week later!!!   whats with that??  sounds fishey too me.  could the two be related? could i have been fired for my costomer calling a complaint about that stylist??  hummmmmmm.  Good luck your fighting a corporation that is being sold or is now sold!!  we as good stylist are screwed!!!  and why??

Sincerely Dawn

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

wow overtime really

AUTHOR: scooter - (United States of America)

I worked for SmartStyles in west TN. The area supervisor is very cold hearted. There was only 4 stylist and no manager the last time I worked there. The customers didn't understand when you couldn't get to them right away because you had just stated a full foil highlight on someone else. They would have had more customers at night if they would get enough stylist to work the night shifts. I got several write ups for things I did not do. I also got a verbal warning for using the 10% senior and military discounts and for using one ($1) haircut cupon. They said I gave it to the person at check out time. That never happened I gave coupons out after they paid for the next visit. They said I was giving out to many discounts. Why do they have them if the first place if the stylist aren't allowed to offer them to the customers? They wanted the salon computer closed out right at closing time, 8pm. If we didn't there might be trouble for you. Once the printer ran out of paper and I couldn't get it to print after changing it out. I pressed the print button one too many times and it printed and extra ticket. I left the ticket with a note stating what had happed. I got wrote up for doing someones hair without them being signed in and letting them leave without paying. There was another stylist there helping me and knew what, how and why it had come about but the are manager seems to have a policy of asking no questions and refusing to let you defend yourself over anything she says. I'm a good stylist with a lot of basic and advanced hands on Pivot Point hair cut trainning. I've also had hands on cutting and foiling with a master stylist as well as various other classes I've paid $ to learn from. I got treated with so much disrespect and humiliated everytime I turned around. When I lost my job there I had to sell everything I own & rent my house out so I didn't lose it. I was almost homeless over lies the area supervisor made up and I've lost everything I worked so hard for all my life.

respective