Complaint Review: South Bay Office Products, Inc

• Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

• Reported By: Maria — Los Angeles California United States of America
South Bay Office Products, Inc
1100 South Powerline Road Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

South Bay Office Products, Inc Office Supply Scam Artists in Deerfield Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: shipping

My story is the same as others I have read on this website. I was told that our Director of Finance referred the caller for me to purchase office supplies at bargain prices. The sales pitch was compelling during tough economic times: the caller was retiring to south Florida and needed to liquidate current inventory. The prices quoted seemed like great deals so I ordered a few items. Upon hanging up the phone, I called our Director to learn that she had no conversation with anyone regarding office supply purchases. I attempted to phone the caller but the number had been blocked.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. Five LARGE boxes of office supplies arrived by the gross! No invoice was included but sent one month later for $9000. The prices charged were no bargains but far more than paid at our local vendor. I called the phone number on the invoice but got only a recorded voice. By the time "Jenny" returned my call, the $200 shipping charge had been removed and the total invoice amount was slashed in half - all without any discussion. Deception, a blocked phone and FAX number. The clues were adding up that I had been scammed!

Thanks to those of you who have shared your stories to provide some common ground and direction for others like me. According to the FTC, the scammed merchandise does not have to be returned nor the invoice paid by the victim of such activity.  If you have been a victim of this company, I urge you to share your story. Together, we can help reduce the number of future victims that fall prey to those at South Bay Office Products who clearly have no moral compass or code of conduct.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/South-Bay-Office-Products-Inc/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/South-Bay-Office-Products-Inc-Office-Supply-Scam-Artists-in-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-582447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on South Bay Office Products, Inc

shipping

AUTHOR: Monica - (USA)

I was scammed by this company as well.  I have also submitted my report.  I ordered a few items and 5 large boxes came.  I finally succeeded at trying to reach the company and they also offered to slash off 50 % but I told her I didn't want that because I didn't order most of the items that were sent and they actually sent me 5 return shipping labels but since my original order in the beginning of February, I have not received an invoice yet.  I want to now send everything back for their dishonesty. I requested they send me their W-9 form and they said they would ship it with the invoice.  I wish these people would be caught.  They have made people suffer long enough.