Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: Mike from Denver — Denver Colorado United States of America
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar Florida Internet, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines Spirit Air Their advertised "ultra low fares" vaporize when you pay the additional fees Internet, Florida

*Consumer Comment: What made up the fees?

This is a complete and absolute joke.  I got nailed for about $300 dollars in bag fees for myself and my family to go to Vegas and back to Denver.

The self pronounced king of "ultra low fares" is the ultra rip off when it comes to add on fees.  Not to pile on but the leg room on the flight out was one of the worst I have experienced.  They make a claim, as others do, about having lots of leg room.  I found that to be a rather large exageration.  The plane was tired and old.  They chose to make the flight, which was full, with only one serviceable bathroom in operation.

Be prepared to pay for a standard carry on which all other carriers never would think of charging you for.  I have traveled a lot and this was the worst and most ill conceived concept I had the disgusting pleasure of partaking in.  I asked for water on the beverage service and the told me that would be $3.  No thanks!!

The experience with their website left me feeling like they are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.  Everything is buried, and they apparently don't want to hear feedback.

This was a experience I hope I can save others from having to go through.  Save money and aggrevation, pick any other airline.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Internet-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-Spirit-Air-Their-advertised-ultra-low-fares-vaporize-when-you-pay-the-ad-921157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines

What made up the fees?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I believe Spirit is the only airline to charge for Carry-On baggage, but only a couple of airlines do not charge for Check-Bags.  So what made up this $300 in baggage fees?

If you add in all of the fees you were charged were they still cheaper overall than the next airline you looked at(once you add in all of their fees).

By they way I would never fly Spirit unless there was absolutely no other flight available and I had to be at a location.

Foil