Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Tue, April 24, 2012

• Reported By: Tim — Bensalem Pennsylvania United States of America
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines Spirit Air The femal flight attendant on my flight gave me false information when applying for thier credit card. Miramar, Florida

When I was on my Spirit flight from Atlantic City to St. Thomas December of last year I was told by the female flight attendant that I would recevie a free flight from Spirit when I applied for the Spirit airline card.  Under pressure as we were about to land, I specifically asked her will I still get the free flight if I'm denied and she told me yes. So my girlfriend and I both applied. She recevied her card and I was denied. A few months later I noticed my Spirit account had 4500 miles in it. This was miles from my trip and additional miles from applying for the credit card.

Recently I went to book a trip with Spirit using my miles and they told me on the phone that since I was denied I now needed a minimum of 20,000 miles to book a flight. I asked for a supervisor and spoke to Nick Adam at xt 1772 and he confirmed this.

I feel cheated and ripped off and I'm looking for a resolution to this because I was not able to do what the flight attendant told me, get a free flight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2012 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-33316/Spirit-Airlines-Spirit-Air-The-femal-flight-attendant-on-my-flight-gave-me-false-informat-873369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines