Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Thu, September 22, 2011

• Reported By: brumfieldcl — fort lauderdale Florida United States of America
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way ,Miramar, FL 33025 Internet United States of America

Spirit Airlines My bag was stolen on a direct flight by one of thier employess . bag never left orginal site Internet, Internet

I was traveling on a one way flight from Fort Lauderdale to Washington DC Memorial Day weekend.  I was told by the
clerk at the ticket counter to check my bag that I intended to use as a carry on.  I didn't argue and I checked by bag
as instructed.  When we arrived in Washington my bag was not there.  I made my report immediately.  I was told by

Spirit that if the bag was not recovered within 5 days that I could purchase and be reimbursed for any clothing or items that I needed.  This policy was also written on the back of their incident report form.  After filling out all of the proper paperwork and gathering the receipts, I turned it in to Spirit Headquarters in Florida to Scott Snow, a supervisor in the baggage resolution department before the cutoff date. He looked over the paperwork that I turned in and said that everything looked fine and that they would continue looking for the bag for another 3 weeks.  If nothing was recovered, then I would receive a check in the mail for the amount of the bills and receipts that I turned in.

After 4 to 5 weeks passed, I received a phone call from Maxine Harris in Central Luggage Resolution, which I still have in my voice mail, asking for either my itemized bank statements or my original receipts.  I was able to send my billing
statements showing where I made my purchases.  I finally received a letter in the mail along with a check in the amount
of $64.  This did not cover any of the items that were stolen by the airline nor did this amount cover the amount of
clothing that I had to purchase to replace what was stolen.  For proof of my communication with Spirit Airlines, I still have all e-mails and voice mails from previous correspondence.  In addition to the amount originally requested, I would like the return of all receipts turned in.  Incident #110827-000140

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2011 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet/Spirit-Airlines-My-bag-was-stolen-on-a-direct-flight-by-one-of-thier-employess-bag-neve-780076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines