Complaint Review: Sprint Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, November 24, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 24, 2012

• Reported By: Marcel Giles — San Antonio Texas USA
Sprint Wireless
6200 Sprint Parkway OVERLAND PARK, KS 66251 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Sprint Wireless Sham in every sense of the word... San Antonio, Texas

A few months ago , I had a very stupid accident with my EVO 4G LTE. I literally left my phone on my car and drove off. I went through he warranty paid the 150.00 deductible, and received my phone fairly quickly. This seemed to be a pretty seamless transaction, but how wrong was i?

I held onto my broken phone for 4 weeks. I was sure that  , the company wanted their phone back I waited and waited and waited, and never got any indication that they wanted me to return the phone. So after 4 weeks, I threw the phone (which was virtually useless) away in the trash. The very next week like clock work I get a letter in the mail from Sprint. ( A final notice) saying they wanted my phone back, which was something that could not be accommodated. Sprint was now going to charge me 500.00 if I did not send the old phone back.  I initially decided to not fight it, I had no way of proving my claim of having the phone until just before a final notice was sent, but after recieveing a recent is connection notice I am suddenly inspired/

First. How can I get a final notice without receiving anything prior?

Secondly I mentioned initially I had left my phone on my car and that is what led to me having to get a new phone in the first place. Let me explain this scenario.

• I work 30 miles from my home I get all the way home and realize that I don't have my phone.

• I use lookout to locate my phone and it says it is near my job.

• I travel back 30 miles in search of my phone.

• To find out its not at work,  but on the entrance ramp of I10 west.

• I get out of my car at 9:00 pm and walk up the entrance ramp until I find it.

• My phone is in one spot and my otter box in another (so much for the defender)

• The phone is cracked squashed bent and everything i between.

Now I am sure you are wondering where I am going with all this. ... OK if I had not taken the effort to (1) track my phone and (2) look for it until I found it, I could have simply called reported my phone lost,and used the same service with no obligation to send it back , because it would have not been in my possession. The only reason Sprint would have the opportunity to even get it back is because of the effort I took to find it.

With that said I kept my mouth shut long enough about the situation. I was wiling to pay for it without a fight, but sending me a disconnestion notice.When we are paying our bill on time is ridiculous. You think people have money to just drop 500.00 all of a sudden.

The lesson I take from this is  if I ever  lose my phone again and I happen to find it broke , Im  just gonna leave it where I found it.

Please Sprint make this right. I am willing to put up with the enormous amount of dropped calls, but this is where I draw the line.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2012 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Wireless/San-Antonio-Texas-78222/Sprint-Wireless-Sham-in-every-sense-of-the-word-San-Antonio-Texas-973150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Wireless