Complaint Review: St. George Police Department

• Submitted: Fri, December 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 07, 2009

• Reported By:St. George Utah
St. George Police Department
200 East 265 North St. George, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 435-627-4301
  • Web:
  • Category: Police

St. George Police Department Police are liars and crooked St. George Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Right and Wrong

One night i was at my house and i received a call from a police officer saying they had a piece of mail from my previous house and needed to bring it to me. i told them they could just leave it there and i'll go get it some other day. they told me that it was their job to protect and to serve, and to not worry because i didn't have any warrants out and was not in any trouble. so i thought ok, they must be bored. anyway about 5 minutes later they show up to my house and arrested me for a warrant on a speeding ticket that i had failed to make a payment on the previous month.

anyway, most of the police force here in St. George is bullshit. they have roughly 1 police officer for every 14 people in this city. and this is a seriously Mormon town with a population of under 100,000 people, which mostly consist of mormon families and elderly people. so you can imagine the things the cops will get you for because there is so many of them and not nearly enough crime to keep them busy.

another story. we were having a get together at my house one night and one of our friends drank a little to much and was urinating in our front yard just as a cop drove by. the cop pulled over in front of our house and within 10 minutes we had 5 police cars and 8 officers at our house. they arrested our one friend for public intoxication and then wanted to search the house. i told them they couldn't without a warrant, so they called up my landlord, and its almost 2:00am now, and she gives them permission. so i let them in and they all start looking around. then they thought they could smell weed in the house, which was bullshit, but i let them look in the cupboard that they were certain it was in. they started opening cerial boxes and ratching through all the food but they did not find anything. anyway, about a hour later the only thing they could come up with was i had to have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.

Kevronius
St. George, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-George-Police-Department/St-George-Utah-84770/St-George-Police-Department-Police-are-liars-and-crooked-St-George-Utah-400815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. George Police Department

Right and Wrong

AUTHOR: Bgk - (U.S.A.)

as far as them tricking you into waiting for them to serve the warrant, they were not wrong. They are authorized to use any legal method possible to make the arrest.

as far as your landlord giving them permission, its bullshit, depending on the state, a landlord does not have the legal right to allow police to search a tenants residents unless the landlord lives in the dwelling as well. I would file a complaint for an illegal search and seizure.

I am not an employee with the St. George PD, but I was a police watch commander.