Complaint Review: Star Capital Disbursement Agency - Albany SCDA - Chris Eggleton - Evelyn Powell

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 28, 2009

• Reported By:Catonsville Maryland
Star Capital Disbursement Agency - Albany SCDA - Chris Eggleton - Evelyn Powell
161-181 Bay St. Toronto, Ontario Canada

Star Capital Disbursement Agency - Albany SCDA - Chris Eggleton - Evelyn Powell - Promotional Sweepstakes Lottery Scam Toronto Ontario

*Author of original report: Chris Eggleton Star Capitol Disbursement Agency

I recieved a letter on 2/17/2009 with a check in the amount of 4,985.00. The letter was from Star Capitol Disbursement Agency and signed Chris Eggleton (Promotion Manager). The letter stated that I was one of 6 winners from a 2008 Promotional Sweepstakes lottery held on 10-28-2008, with the total prize of 1,488,000.00. My share was 248,000.00. The letter gave instructions as to not to attempt to use the check until I call and speak with the claim agent, Mrs. Evelyn Powell at 1-905-781-3297. Out of the 4985.00 I have to wire money to them in the amount of 3975.00 to pay for my taxes on the winnings. I called Evelyn Powell on 2/18/2009. There was a child hollering in the background and she asked me if I could hold a moment. I said yes. I was on hold for 6 minutes. She got back on the phone and asked me what the check number was and the date entered on the check. I told her the check was dated 2/05/2009 and the check number was 200250. She told me that 4 of the winners have already got their winnings and was wondering what took me so long to call. I told her I just recieved the check yesterday. She then instructed me to go to bank of america and deposit the check. (The check is drawn off Bank of America in the name of a company called Albany SCDA, Inc. The address on the check is 21 corporate circle, POBox 15098, Albany, NY 12212-5098) In 48 hours the check will clear. I told her that I do not deal with BOA and that with my bank, it would take 5 business days for this check to clear since it is a non local check. She said that's fine, give me a call in 5 days then. So I am suppose to call her back on Wed., 2/25/2009. I am suppose to call her back with my money gram wiring instructions. I asked her how I won this, I do not play the lottery. She said it was from shopping at walmart. They automatically enter you in when you shop there. (Walmart has never asked my name or address when shopping there). I'm thinking about calling her and asking her if my bank can wire the money directly to their account and maybe be able to get thier account number to help authoritys in some way. I just don't want anyone to fall for this scam. The scary thing is, I went to bank of america and they told me the check is real and it is a real account. The only thing is there is a security feature that will not allow you to cash it. It must be deposited. I work for a bank and see this alot...It is really sad. I hope these thieves get caught so bad.

Lorie
Catonsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Capital-Disbursement-Agency-Albany-SCDA-Chris-Eggleton-Evelyn-Powell/Toronto-Ontario-m5j2t3/Star-Capital-Disbursement-Agency-Albany-SCDA-Chris-Eggleton-Evelyn-Powell-Promotio-426034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Capital Disbursement Agency - Albany SCDA - Chris Eggleton - Evelyn Powell

Chris Eggleton Star Capitol Disbursement Agency

AUTHOR: Lorie - (U.S.A.)

I filed a report with the FTC, the canadian fraud unit, the office of the attorney general, and the postal inspector. I also contacted the FBI who advised me to file a report with my local police. The agent also told me that if I would have deposited the check I recieved and it came back fraudulent, I would have a criminal record for negotiating fraudulent checks with the justice department. So please don't try to deposit these checks. If everyone who almost got scammed and who actually got scammed, could file as many reports as possible with different agencies against these thieves, we may be able to do something and stop them. Get their butts in jail where they belong!!

Lorie