Complaint Review: Star Realty, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: scammedoutofrent — spring Texas United States of America
Star Realty, Inc.
19627 Interstate 45 North, Suite 310 Spring, Texas United States of America

Star Realty, Inc. Star Realty Property Management Stole Security Deposit & Lied to my Face Spring, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Security Deposit Refund

I was charged for extra rent past my move-out date. I gave my 30 day written notice that I would not be extended my lease and that the last day we will occupy the property was the 30th.

Per the rental agreement, the property is considered surrendered as long as 2 things have happened.. One, the date listed on the written notice had passed (and it did) or 2, the keys are returned, Our keys were in a lock box on the door for like 3 weeks.

2 days after the move out date I had to call their office to ask when we settle up on the security deposit, since they never called to talk about a walk through.

Well we walked through with Mark around noon on the 2nd day past the lease agreement. He dinged us for some minor yard work and some toilet stains (The toilets were piss stained when we moved in, not to mention dirty and disgusting. We had to clean the entire house and get the carpets steam cleaned). [continued below]....
.....

We were sitting there calculating the deductions and the security deposit refund amount. WE TALKED ABOUT IT FACE TO FACE.

Then when my refund comes in, they deducted 2 days worth of rent! He tells me there isn't anything he can do about it.

We never discussed anything about that when we did the walk through. I never signed anything to extend my contract 2 days. In fact according to the rental agreement I met everything that was required on my written notice move-out date.

You scammed the wrong guy. I will make sure any time anybody goes online and researches your company, they will find THIS and every other one I write.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Realty-Inc/Spring-Texas-77388/Star-Realty-Inc-Star-Realty-Property-Management-Stole-Security-Deposit-Lied-to-my-Fac-969952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Realty, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Security Deposit Refund

AUTHOR: Star Realty, Inc. - (United States of America)

The Security Deposit refund was correct due to the fact that keys were not turned in until the inspection which was two days after the lease expired.  After sending a Security Deposit refund to the tenant the tenant called to dispute.  After speaking with the Owner, the two days were returned to tenant.