Complaint Review: StarFit - ASF International

• Submitted: Tue, July 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:Spokane Valley Washington
StarFit - ASF International
212 N. Sullivan Rd. Spokane Valley, Washington U.S.A.

StarFit - ASF International Ripped Me Off!! Spokane Valley Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Club Closed

I decided to finally get in shape when I heard about StarFit. My daughter-in-law told me about it and said it was a nice place. I went to look it over and thought it looked like a nice, clean, no-frills place to work out. I talked to the only 3 employees they had, and that itself was hard to do because the people who were supposed to help you can in when they felt like it. Plus they didn't show you how to use the equipment. "The explanation of the equipment is on the inside here, but if you have any questions, please ask." I asked once and was told to read the instructions on the side of the machine or to look in the book they had for core exercises and such. I signed up in May 2008. I went for 3 weeks, missed a few days, and upon my return, the place had blue paper covering the windows and a sign that read, "Will reopen June 9. Putting in new floor" or something to that effect. Another week went by and nothing, however, there was a flyer for Oz Fitness and I joined that club and have been happy there ever since. Then I got my bank statement and they (ASF International) took my money even though the company packed up and left town like a thief in the night. So I had to cacel my Debit card and got a new one. That is the only way to stop ASF from taking my money. I know this has happened to many people here, and all I can say is don't feel so bad, they duped a lot of people.

Mary
Spokane Valley, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2008 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StarFit-ASF-International/Spokane-Valley-Washington-99037/StarFit-ASF-International-Ripped-Me-Off-Spokane-Valley-Washington-351590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StarFit - ASF International

Club Closed

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Actually, we stopped all billing when we were made aware of the club closing. We had already distributed the funds to StarFit and were not in any position to issue a refund. Starfit would be responsible for refunds.

Chris Peterson