Complaint Review: Starbiz Wilhelmina & Bruce Romberg

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 09, 2004

• Reported By:Glendale Arizona
Starbiz Wilhelmina & Bruce Romberg
13430 N. Scottsdale Road #309 Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Starbiz Wilhelmina & Bruce Romberg ripoff Scottsdale Arizona

*Author of original report: I'll be there Wednesday

*Consumer Comment: I'll be there Wednesday! including legal action against that snake Bruce!

*Consumer Suggestion: Missed you on Saturday. We will be picketing again this Wednesday & Thursday

*Consumer Suggestion: Here are the dates and times that I will be picketing: Saturday, November 6th 9am - 1pm

*Consumer Comment: I'll be there to picket

*Consumer Suggestion: May picket Starbiz.

*Consumer Suggestion: File a complaint with the AG.

*Consumer Comment: Did you go stand out front?

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry to hear you got taken too, join the crowd.

I am just sick about all I have read, because I am too late. I met with Bruce Romberg of Starbiz Wilhelmina today at 3:00 and gave him a credit card payment for $685.00. I would tell you my story but it is identical to yours and the others I have read. I took my son in on Friday, Sara Beth called me back and told me she was just in love with my baby and that he was so beautiful and wanted me to bring him in on Monday (today) to meet with the "Big Guy" from Wilhelmina who was in town from California.

I had a strange feeling because when I was in the office with both Bruce and the "Big Guy" (sorry I can't remember his name) they never even acknowledged that I had a baby on my lap. Which seemed so weird because acording to Sara Beth "my child was a doll baby and a star". And neither one of them even smiled at my son.

My husband called the credit card company to put a hold on the money and we are going to try to dispute the charges, but I am not sure exactly how that works. Also, I am worried about the 1 page contract I signed stating "There can be NO REFUNDS" and that it is a "legally binding instrument". Does anyone have any information about any other people stoping payment or asking for a refund and actually getting it??

I plan on printing all this information out and taking it to Bruce's office and demanding him to refund my card. My brother if an attorney as well as a CPA and has many connections at the IRS. I plan to inform Bruce of this as well, and see how comfortable he is with the IRS investigating his practices. Also, if it is legal I plan on spending some time in front of the building with copies of all that I have read about this man and his company.

This truly turns my stomach and I don't plan to be one of his helpless victims .... I WILL fight!!

Amanda
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2004 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starbiz-Wilhelmina-Bruce-Romberg/Scottsdale-Arizona-85254/Starbiz-Wilhelmina-Bruce-Romberg-ripoff-Scottsdale-Arizona-108252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starbiz Wilhelmina & Bruce Romberg

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Kathaleen and Amanda,

Thanks for posting that you will be there tomorrow. I look forward to meeting you and sharing our experiences.

If by chance you arrive before me, I would suggest that you park in the hotel parking lot to the north of the Starbiz building. That way you cannot be cited for trespassing. Once I get there, I can fill you in on the rules we must abide by.

I only have one picket sign, so if you are able, please make yourselves one also. I do have flyers to distribute though.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

I'll be there Wednesday

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

Hi Pat. Glad to hear all went well on Sat. Sorry I didnt make it ... I was in a wedding. I will be there on Wednesday from 10:00 am to about noon, and again on Thursday.

I look forward to finally meeting you!!

Please let me know if there is anything that I could bring or do.

I'll be there Wednesday! including legal action against that snake Bruce!

AUTHOR: Kathaleen - (U.S.A.)

Pat-

I will be there Wednesday (and possibly Thursday) with bells on! Sorry I couldn't make it Saturday. I am anxious to meet you and discuss other options as well - including legal action against that snake Bruce!

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Amanda,

I was looking forward to meeting some of the people from these reports on Saturday. One person, Marc, did show up around noon, but that was it.

Will you be out either Wednesday or Thursday? I need someone to take a picture of me with a picket sign for my report. I did take some good ones of Bruce on Saturday, and they will be on my report shortly. The EDitor of this site said he might even put it on the home page.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

#9 Consumer Suggestion

#10 Consumer Suggestion

#11 Consumer Suggestion

Saturday, November 6th 9am - 1pm
Wednesday, November 10th 10am - 1pm
Thursday, November 11th 10am - 1pm

I will also have flyers made for everyone to hand out. I look forward to seeing you there!

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

You let me know the date and the time and both my husband and I will be there. I feel so badly everyday knowing that more parents are being taken by this company.

#15 Consumer Suggestion

May picket Starbiz.

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

To everyone following these reports, I posted on another report that I may exercise my right to picket on the sidewalk in front of Starbiz. My wife thinks it is a bad idea as she would be concerned for my safety. I think that if others are willing to picket with me, she would feel better about it. So what do you say, anyone else up for a picket within the next few weeks? Please rebuttal and let me know. If I get it organized, I will post the dates and times here.

#16 Consumer Suggestion

File a complaint with the AG.

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

I just called the Attorney General's office to follow up on the complaint I filed. The person I spoke with said that my complaint was in the system and was being investigated by the legal staff.

He did indicate that everyone with the same complaint should file a report. I urge everyone to go to the following website and fill out a Consumer Complaint Form:

www.ag.state.az.us

If the AG's office sees a trend developing, they are more likely to pursue action.

Did you go stand out front?

Amanda,

Did you go stand out in front of Starbiz? Someone just posted a new report that said as they were leaving the audition, some lady gave them information about the scam.

Right on if that was you! If not, thanks to whoever it was.

#18 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry to hear you got taken too, join the crowd.

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

Amanda,

I'm sorry you also got taken by Starbiz. If you follow my report, you will see that Aimee, a former employee, is helping me.

I am spearheading action against Starbiz. If your brother has any contacts that might help legally, please post the information here.

Join the crowd. Hopefully, soon you will be able to do that in more ways than one.

Let us know if you get your money back.